Bathroom design...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking at bathroom designs at the moment and am rather surprised to see that many 'designer' ones are either inside bedrooms or have fixtures or fittings that I wouldn't think would handle being wet much. Is water vapour not a problem??
How do (for instance) open plan baths in the middle of a bedroom not steam up the entire bedroom??

Night Train

Maker of Things
Interior designers are not real people, fact.

You can have a bath in the middle of a bedroom but the bedroom will get steamy and you will need good ventilation in it to keep the humidity down. It could be questionable as to whether it is really a bed in the bathroom!

Where would the toilet be?

Same with free standing baths with a rainstorm shower head set into the ceiling. The only way that works is if there is clingy shower curtain all the way around the bath that then sticks to you as you shower.

Not that keen on wet rooms either as clothes and slippers get wet where ever they are put.

colly

Re member eR
I'm looking at bathroom designs at the moment and am rather surprised to see that many 'designer' ones are either inside bedrooms or have fixtures or fittings that I wouldn't think would handle being wet much. Is water vapour not a problem??
How do (for instance) open plan baths in the middle of a bedroom not steam up the entire bedroom??

I recently fitted got someone to fit a new shower cubical, toilet and basin in the bathroom. I spent some time looking round at what I wanted and once I knew I began to price up stuff. The usual suspects were looked at, B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc and places like Plumb Centre ,just to see how prices stacked up.
I went into a Bathstore.com place and got a brilliant deal. If you haven't checked them out give them a look over. Less expensive than all the 'cheap' places by far and better quality so far as I can tell.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I recently fitted got someone to fit a new shower cubical, toilet and basin in the bathroom. I spent some time looking round at what I wanted and once I knew I began to price up stuff. The usual suspects were looked at, B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc and places like Plumb Centre ,just to see how prices stacked up.
I went into a Bathstore.com place and got a brilliant deal. If you haven't checked them out give them a look over. Less expensive than all the 'cheap' places by far and better quality so far as I can tell.
Forget the usual suspects and the multiples, take a look in your local independent retailer, you may well find that the the prices and deals you can get will be unbeatable and the service should be spot on too. Times are tough, give the independents a chance too :smile:

Reactions: akb

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I used the Bath Store too but only use them when they have their 'sales' on... some really neat designs + try Ideal Standard's webpage- look for space saver range which has some good ideas even if you don't particularly need to save space!

Top Bottom