BBB Hardwear Aqua-shield Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All I can say is they are very good - no wet feet. 3mm neoprene, with a PU outer coating (that's the waterproof bit), and a quality rear zip.

Got a good test yesterday and today - 5 wet rides and not one drop of water got in. OK I do have mudguards, that limit's the water coming in from the top.

Had these over a month now, but the last 24 hours has seen the main test. A couple of the rides I had overtrousers on (which stop water entering from the top), but the other rides have just been with bib's on.

To clean, I just shove them under a tap.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Brief update - still going strong after 3 years ! Getting a bit tatty but still waterproof !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lol I remember you posting this originally.
Was going to purchase a pair but never got round to it.
Don't think they are available any more.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

You can get them for £24 (ebay). £26.95 from Chain Reaction

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45051

Loads of different versions, aquaflex etc etc. The above ones are the heavy duty ones - thicker ! They worked very well in the Winters of 10 and 11 when it was -15. Certainly in Jan 10 - one foot felt cold whilst cycling through the snow, looked down and I'd flipped the front up by accident when crossing a road on foot (the snow was 8" deep).

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Bit tatty, but here you go.

Longest lasting overshoes I've ever had. Front 'foot down pad' has a large rubber patch stuck on, as this is the foot I put down, and it's worn a hole.

IMAG0301a.JPG

U

User6179

I,ve done about 200 miles (5 runs) and both have holed and Im trying to get a refund , the neoprene is really quite soft and was rubbing on non drive side when I pedaled so I taped that up and all was ok til they both tore taking them off ( caught on the cleats spd-sl), They also didnt cover the vent on underside of shoes so I had to tape that up also.
To be honest if I knew how soft neoprene was I would of stayed well away from these,reading other threads I would say better of buying proper winter shoes/boots.

2 out 5 from me

scouserinlondon

I have the cheaper all neoprene ones, and I have to say they're shoot. Only had them three months and they have a bloody hole in the toe already. Maybe the more expensive ones with a reinforced toe are okay, but I'd avoid.

U

User6179

I think the problem with these is they call them hardwear when they are far from it but im still using mine because I couldnt get a refund and they do have plus points ,

Very warm
Strong zip
Very tight fit
I wouldnt recomend using them with spd-sl unless you were leaving them on the shoe as they will hole quite easily removing them so i leave mine on and if you rub your cranks with your heal you might want to reinforce with some good tape pre use, power tapes sticks well .

Bad points are,

Material is very soft
Dont cover vent hole on my shimano shoes
Non breathable

New rating 1 out of 5 for wet weather use over an hour but would give them 4 out of 5 for dry weather use .

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hmm - never had overshoes before but my feet got very wet and then very cold last Saturday. Enough is enough, I thought and ordered some BBB ones, when I got in (and my toes eventually thawed). I went for Waterflex ones, I think? Picking them up from the mail delivery office tonight on the way home and will test tomorrow. I don't expect them to keep my feet 100% dry but am hoping if they help to stop or delay the wet and subsequent cold, it will have been 20 quid well spent!

Presumably they are worth wearing even when it's dry but cold - to add extra insulation for the tootsies.

Top Bottom