BBC a puppet of the Tory government?

Adam4868

Guru
Strange how the media overnight seem to have had enough of Johnson as PM. BBC news, kuenssberg, Peston, all seemed ok with him and his constant lies,wouldn’t say a word against him...bit of a cad our Bojo ! Wonder what's changed,or who gave the green light to have a go ? I mean in the grander scheme of things a flat refurb with taxpayers money seems almost trivial.

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member
Strange how the media overnight seem to have had enough of Johnson as PM. BBC news, kuenssberg, Peston, all seemed ok with him and his constant lies,wouldn’t say a word against him...bit of a cad our Bojo ! Wonder what's changed,or who gave the green light to have a go ? I mean in the grander scheme of things a flat refurb with taxpayers money seems almost trivial.
Who claimed it was taxpayers money (beyond the annual grant from the public purse, it is a publicly owned building after all)?

Craig the cyclist

Great choice wasn't it...."let the bodies pile up" over "let's fund the NHS" Anyone care to defend the Tories ? Or is it a deafening silence because you know what you voted for 🙄
I don't remember the leaflet saying 'Let the bodies pile up', was that just your local MP that sent that out?

'Let's fund the NHS', I think all parties said that didn't they?

Adam4868

Guru
Who claimed it was taxpayers money (beyond the annual grant from the public purse, it is a publicly owned building after all)?
Phew...he's off the hook then.Must have changed his story quite a few times...because initially it was...
"No10 has refused to rule out taxpayers footing the bill for a lavish revamp of Boris Johnson's grace-and-favour flat.

The Prime Minister's spokesman repeatedly refused to say today if the state would fund a refurbishment of the four-bed quarters above 11 Downing Street, overseen by his fiancee Carrie Symonds.

Adam4868

Guru
I don't remember the leaflet saying 'Let the bodies pile up', was that just your local MP that sent that out?

I don't remember any leaflets ? I remember the past decade of austerity and people still choosing more of it...you must of had that one...

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
What is the working out on that?
The claim was that 'most' wanted Johnson as PM. 43.6% is not most. There was also a claim that 'of those who expressed a preference...'. Not everybody who voted a particular way was expressing a preference for PM.

I am not disputing that the Tories/Johnson won the election.

byegad

Legendary Member

Yes, But the leave campaign promised £350 000 000/week for the NHS.
At least some voters were influenced by that, and a certain BJ was prominent in that campaign.
You can tell when a politician is lying, their lips are moving.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
An article about BJ allegedly lying about 'bodies piling up' was quite prominent on Radio4's World at One this afternoon, and they seemed to be taking that stance that our prime minister probably is lying, and that he has form for lying... so with that in mind, I'd hazard a guess that the BBC isn't a puppet of the Tory Government.

Yes, But the leave campaign promised £350 000 000/week for the NHS.
At least some voters were influenced by that, and a certain BJ was prominent in that campaign.
You can tell when a politician is lying, their lips are moving.
The only people I know that paid any attention to that are remainers on forums, and they usually attach it to Farage, who had nothing to do with it. :laugh:

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
The only people I know that paid any attention to that are remainers on forums, and they usually attach it to Farage, who had nothing to do with it. :laugh:
You can laugh and claim what you like but for a lot of people £350m a week was treated as the actual net cost of membership and chimed with the narrative of the EU as a profligate waste.

You can laugh and claim what you like but for a lot of people £350m a week was treated as the actual net cost of membership and chimed with the narrative of the EU as a profligate waste.
I don't need your permission. :rolleyes:

As I said, I know of not one single leave voter that paid much attention to it. The comment is pretty much always raised by remainers, and quite often incorrectly including Farage, which shows the level of understanding. :hello:

Top Bottom