BBC a puppet of the Tory government?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You can laugh and claim what you like but for a lot of people £350m a week was treated as the actual net cost of membership and chimed with the narrative of the EU as a profligate waste.
Anyone with common sense knew the slogan was to illustrate the cost of membership.

Whenever there's a large public project, those against will say 'we could have five hospitals for that much'.

Which is fair enough, but no one expects the hospitals to be built if the project is cancelled.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
This thread was quite fun when we were taking the piss out of Piers Corbyn.
Only for those who had heard of him.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Anyone with common sense knew the slogan was to illustrate the cost of membership.
Why are you calling all these Leave voters senseless?
misperceptions-large-4.jpg

Anyway, as I pointed out earlier, Boris has spaffed about £350m a week on Dido's fiefdom and called it NHS, so that part of the promise is delivered, just not quite in the way anyone hoped. It's just the one small problem that we never paid that to the EU.

Joffey

Veteran
Nothing on the BBC about the anti-vaccine march/protest in London yesterday, neither tv/radio nor online. Has the BBC been taken over and is now fully a part of the Tory propaganda machine? A very disturbing situation.

The Beeb has always been my first port of call for unbiased information. It seems that those days have gone.
I think Auntie is being a little critical of the Tory Government that you claim they are controlled by... :biggrin:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Whenever there's a large public project, those against will say 'we could have five hospitals for that much'.

Which is fair enough, but no one expects the hospitals to be built if the project is cancelled.
and why people thought Farage* and BJ* were in a position at that time to dictate Government spending is beyond me.

*I know it wasn't their slogan, but they stood by it.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
Sir James Dyson has accused the BBC of a “grotesque mischaracterisation” of his links to the Conservative Party as he denied acting inappropriately over his texts with Boris Johnson.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...links-to-the-tories/ar-BB1g769v?ocid=msedgdhp
The main point I take from that article is that Johnson uses double exclamation marks in text messages. I always knew there was something dodgy about him.

But if the accusation is media bias then it's certainly interesting that Dyson chose the Telegraph as the medium in which to publish his response.

The main point I take from that article is that Johnson uses double exclamation marks in text messages. I always knew there was something dodgy about him.

But if the accusation is media bias then it's certainly interesting that Dyson chose the Telegraph as the medium in which to publish his response.
Aye, the media used makes all the difference to the facts of the story. :rolleyes:

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
Aye, the media used makes all the difference to the facts of the story. :rolleyes:
It makes a difference to the reporting of the facts, particularly if the article is written by one of the subjects of the story and published in a paper traditionally sympathetic to the other subject and their political party.

This is a thread about media bias after all.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
Which facts on the specific reported case do you dispute and why?
I'm not disputing anything. I'm acknowledging that Dyson's response is published in a medium traditionally considered to be biased in favour of the Conservative party. What could be the reasons for this, do we suppose?

Eric Olthwaite

Insert witty self-deprecating description here
It's futile to debate whether the BBC has a right wing bias, because there is no agreed definition of what "right wing" looks like. For example, many on the left consider the Blair/Brown administration "right wing".

But it's a strange puppet that campaigned relentlessly against the most significant Tory government policy of the last 50 years, Brexit, between 2016 and 2019.

Top Bottom