Be Carefull out there!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chamfus Flange

True for all year but especially "the first commute after the clocks change" (What do you think, book or film?)

purplepolly

But it was nice and light this morning, last week it was dark when I left home and lightish when I got to work. So today I left the house earlier than usual (although later than usual compared to last week if you see what I mean) and went for a longer ride into work.

Cab

They all seemed so angry this evening.

And for some reason the advance stop boxes don't apply at this time of year. No one has ever explained to me why that is, but clearly the exclusion of cars has been suspended and no one mentioned it to me.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
My chain was angry this evening it came off @ Stratford and I almost followed suit.Got some battle scars on my leg.:biggrin:

Ouch! Have had that happen a few times as a kid, thankfully never as an adult. Worse when on flat pedals and your foot slides off and the pedal cleats dig in aint it. ;)

downfader said:
Ouch! Have had that happen a few times as a kid, thankfully never as an adult. Worse when on flat pedals and your foot slides off and the pedal cleats dig in aint it. ;)

I think my bike needs maintenance had it happen at St Pauls a few weeks ago in low gear and that was worse as I was going faster.:biggrin:

Motons were good though when they saw me making a tit of myself.:B)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
I think my bike needs maintenance had it happen at St Pauls a few weeks ago in low gear and that was worse as I was going faster.;)

Motons were good though when they saw me making a tit of myself.:biggrin:

Ghost shifting sometimes is a symptom of this. Sometimes the chain comes off because a little tweak is needed on the front derailer. You can get a small spring chain retainer that bolts onto the seat tube and that should stop it coming off. They're smaller than the usual chain retainers.

Actually the near spill cheered me up.I've been under the weather all day and I was crap on the ride in.Some old granny at Leyton this morning gave me a run for my money and I couldn't shake her off.;)

I was better on the return ride and am just off to Tesco's to buy some All Bran for breakfast.:biggrin:

Ghost shifting sometimes is a symptom of this. Sometimes the chain comes off because a little tweak is needed on the front derailer. You can get a small spring chain retainer that bolts onto the seat tube and that should stop it coming off. They're smaller than the usual chain retainers.

Just saw that,it did seem to jam from the front but im pretty sure the chain needs replacing anyway.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Cab said:
They all seemed so angry this evening.

And for some reason the advance stop boxes don't apply at this time of year. No one has ever explained to me why that is, but clearly the exclusion of cars has been suspended and no one mentioned it to me.

I'm glad it wasn't just me then. Massive amount of moronic driving this evening heading out of Cambridge. Seemed much worse than usual. Had at least 3 near misses including an twunt in a van who shot out of a garage forecourt without looking v. nearly sideswiping me. I'm mellowing in my old age and rarely react these days but it was a real challenge this evening.

Now the lard arsed darlings are all re-discovering their full beam lights again, and how much fun they can have leaving it on for the oncoming cyclist. Blimey it was good to make it home in one piece!

Almost a very quiet commute for my except my chain thought it would spice things up a bit.

Oh and the Royal Mail Delivery driver in a hurry in Leyton.

I was going to say to him that his driving was crap but I still support the postal workers.Mysteriously he vanished at the Leyton bus garage even though the lights were red.;)

Norm

XmisterIS said:
I think GMT is a pain the arse!

We should change to European time and be done with it.
But. but. but... it's GMT, Greenwich, which is part of Britain! Should we not be proud to set the world's clocks?

Easier surely to leave it as it is but to adjust the "9 to 5".

We could work from 8 to 4, as many of the Europeans do. Never have figured out why we work from 0900 (approximately 3 hours before the sun reaches it's zenith) to 1700 (which is about 5 hours hours after noon).

For instance, sunrise today, in London, is 06:44 and sunset is 16:45. If we worked from 8 'till 4, we'd start work 75 minutes after dawn and finish 45 minutes before sunset. That would work a lot better, at any time of year... wouldn't it?

Top Bottom