Bed time books for a three year old.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Could any of you fine people recommend good bed time stores for a three year old. My wife has given me orders to buy some books for our daughter as part of her Christmas present.

I did think about Italian cycles past and present, but my wife just gave me this unimpressed look!

PaulB

Legendary Member
The Excorcist.

Willow

The Gruffalo.

My two are now 12 and 10 but here's a few I remember

Icky sticky frog
My many coloured days
Rainbow fish
room on a broom
The selfish crocodile
goodnight moon
Kipper stories
The gruffalo (and generally the smartie prize books are good)

May think of more later

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Thanks very much so far!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mr Men - we have one large book with a selection of stories - including Little Miss - both kids love them. Even my son who has had the book since about two - now eight !

'I love you this much' about two Rabbits - that's good..... Traditional stuff good too, books from the remake of Noddy are good...

TBH there is stacks of great books - my son is now an avid reader, loves them - just get into a good book store and have a good poke about...ask the staff as well...

Willow

wafflycat said:
WCMnr enjoyed The Mr Men books when he was that age

Mine did too but I found them sooooooooooo boring to read to them all the stories are basically the same, as with Thomas the Tank engine - ;);)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh Kipper !!

Also Magic Key series - as they will be reading them at schools - if you search about you can get the Magic Key video off ebay - somewhat tricky to get hold of....

Willow

"All the way to the moon and back" are normally our last words to and from them at bed time.

We often use how much do I love you phrase even at the old age of 12. Funny how things stick.

I found my oldest sat in a corner in the play room when he was about 3 with his sad dog face saying 'nobody loves me' I was horrified couldn't think where that had come from and it was noddy! We still joke about it now. They were scared of those naughty elves though for a bit.

Top Bottom