Been offered a MTB...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
..for £600 Spesh Stumpjumper,not sure on year though I know it's at least 2 years old maybe 3-4.

Quite tempted to get it and turn it into my winter ride as it has Hydraulic disc brakes and would be perfect for a set of studded tyres.
Any thoughts on this limited info? Any questions I need to ask the seller?

Norm

The Stumpjumper is a nice bike. Are you saying you've been offered it for £600? Which model is it? Hardtail or FS? They are proper off road bikes, though, it would be ruddy hard work and complete overkill on a road commute but would make a fantastic way to avoid the tarmac and keep riding at this time of year.

If you are contemplating commuting on it, for £600 you can get a damned decent brand new hardtail or rigid which will be just as good.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Yes he wants £600 for it but I'm sure there is a mate's discount for cash
thumbsup.png

It's a full suss norm and you're right it probably is overkill for the riding I'd do on it,I'm not into off roading really don't like getting dirty
biggrin.gif

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Potsy there is a huge variation in going rate, depending on hardtail or fs, age, component level and state etc.

This 2008 model went for £600, despite being carbon, fs, with top level spec, and may help your price negotiation. An older one here went for £400. A lot of technology for the money secondhand imho, but apart from the usual things, shock repair and maintenance can be costly.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Potsy there is a huge variation in going rate, depending on hardtail or fs, age, component level and state etc.

This 2008 model went for £600, despite being carbon, fs, with top level spec, and may help your price negotiation. An older one here went for £400. A lot of technology for the money secondhand imho, but apart from the usual things, shock repair and maintenance can be costly.

I know he paid around £1700 for it so it's a decent bike,like I said to norm it's probably not what I need really just an idea based on a conversation we had this morning. I still quite fancy a CX with discs.
And I doubt I'd be able to sneak another bike into the house
wink.gif

Top Bottom