Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Jake Head from Wylam. Last time I drank this in the UK it was BBB.

What the dang happened?

IMG_20190915_145140.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Figuring it was the last chance of the year to enjoy a beer in the sunshine, I came to Little Faith's tap garden in Deptford. Vossi Bop is a brand new Kweik pale ale and it's pretty good.
IMG_20190915_155248501.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ms. Slowmotion took me to the Fullers Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, West London for a late birthday present. We spent about 45minutes sampling their cask ales at the end, each one about a quarter of a pint. There wasn't any limit to the number of samples we were allowed, but most people stopped after about eight.
Fullers London Porter.JPG

Gales Seafarers
Gales HSB
Fullers ESB
Rocky Red Ale
London Pride
Oliver's Island Golden Ale
Fullers London Porter
and one more that I can't remember.

There's also a big Brewery Shop which sells loads of bottled beer, wine and other stuff. I came away with these two bottles. It was enormous fun and well worth a visit.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
IMG_20190922_192258459.jpg

Buxton Ekuanot. Fully flavourly but just a little too bitter for my taste buds. Good mind. Also pricy.

Oh, and I'm going to be in Leeds for a couple of nights. Monday and Tuesday nights aren't the best for crafts because they seem to have collectively decided that it's their weekend. But I hope to sample some Norths and Northern Monks while I'm away.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
IMG_20190923_173606302.jpg

A spiced mango sour from Tooth and Claw, apparently a wing of Cameron's.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Enjoyed a couple of pints of Cooler Shaker - an "IPA milkshake" from Hebden Bridge's Vocation Brewery in the legendary Scarbrough Taps this afternoon.

Their website describes it as
Shake things up with this creamy IPA, brewed with lactose for a full-bodied and milky texture. Passionfruit and Mamey Sapote balance the sweetness of the lactose and give this brew an exotic finish

I got one to try given the description and it was so nice I had to have another.
It really is rather good.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Enjoyed a couple of pints of Cooler Shaker - an "IPA milkshake" from Hebden Bridge's Vocation Brewery in the legendary Scarbrough Taps this afternoon.

Their website describes it as
Shake things up with this creamy IPA, brewed with lactose for a full-bodied and milky texture. Passionfruit and Mamey Sapote balance the sweetness of the lactose and give this brew an exotic finish

I got one to try given the description and it was so nice I had to have another.
It really is rather good.
What or who is Mamey Sapote?

Top Bottom