Beginners Singlespeed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonkeyVsRobot

Hello all,

I'm looking to get into the world of single speeds. Mainly for communting.

Have you got any recommendations for a good entry level single speed bike.

I've got around £500-£600 but could maybe stretch to £700 absolute max for the right bike.

I know you can get fixies with a different sprocket on each side of the hub so you can turn the wheel around but can you get one with a fixed on one side and a free wheel on the other?

Any tips would be appreciated.
Tar.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I think most, if not all come with fixed/freewheel (flip flop hubs) with them. I dont know too much about them all, i built my own fixed up. You should have some good choice for that, the Giant Bowery is £350 i think, alo you have the Le Mond Fillmore(probably not spelt right) one by Treck, Felt(cant rememer the names of them) Kona Paddy wagon, On-One Pompino, Charge do 1 or 2 i think.
Loads to choose from, not a fan of the Specialized Langsters, too many of them about, dont like the look of them either.
I went straight to fixed, foundit pretty easy to get used to, but built up the amount of miles i did on it. Alot more relaxed riding, cooler, smoother and you will be surprised what hills you can get up, and down on fixed.
Have a look around, see what deals you can get, see which one you think looks better.

Top Bottom