BentMikey and a Subaru Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I managed to find a proxy that worked but the works pc has no sound; what was all that about?

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
The guy stopped because BM hit the airzound/shouted.

Without the sound, you miss the guy's opening remark:

"What the **** you shouting at bitch" quickly followed up with:

"You can **** off with that stupid little thing" (i.e. the recumbent).

There's also some more verbals about road tax etc and BM says he will post it on YouTube...!

cannondale boy

Über Member
Uncle Mort said:
It's not very clear with sound either. It looks like he overtook very close, got out and then started hurling abuse and swearing at mikey, who kept very calm and told him it was going on YouTube.

+1 Better to stay calm in those kind of situations, but there very rare though. The driver seems to have a dislike to cyclists, what a very angry man ;).

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Ugly little scene that, wasn't it?

I sincerely HOPE plod do something about it, but I suspect 'no contact', 'insufficient evidence' etc, etc. The reverse-light can be explained away by 'accidentally finding the wrong gear'.

I had a Mk 1 scoob years ago and they can be sods in the wet if driven by stupid, overconfident @rseholes such as D4n there. He'll have a date with a tree trunk soon enough. Here's hoping he commits involuntary euthanasia without anyone else coming to harm.

These type of people seem to attracted to Imprezzas.
I feared the worst for Mikey when the guy got out; could have been a lot worse, especially if it was a quieter area with less witnesses.

Note the "I pay road tax" comment!

Looks to be a clear Section 59. Excess speed/dangerous overtake (section 3 RTA) plus clear behaviour likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance.
Possibly section 5 public order too?

+1

Crankarm

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
Oh dear! - it's all so unecessary isn't it - what an idiot.

Shame we haven't got BM on this forum any more - he was always lively, seemed like a good sort to me.

Why doesn't this guy post here any more? Banned or some one upset him?

It would be handy to have a rear mounted cam on a recumbent or any bike for that matter.

It's not that easy to to see how close the driver came to the cyclist. Seems no worse than what cyclists normally have to put up with including the driver getting out and shouting abuse. It's quite tame really.

J4CKO

Must confess to a fondness for the fast Japanese Minicab/rally car, have nearly bought one a few times but gone for something less contreversial, anyway, have made a few friends over on Scoobynet which is the mothership for Subaru owners, been posting over there for years, so have posted a thread in general to see if anyone owns up !

have to say, they are a good bunch and are general scathing of some of the more recent owners and their attitude, its not really the car, its just anything fast and cheap attracts certain types.

PBancroft

Crankarm said:
Why doesn't this guy post here any more? Banned or some one upset him?

I think he had a falling out with a Moderator, and as he couldn't add them to his ignore list, he left. Bit of a shame in my book.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Kaipaith said:
I think he had a falling out with a Moderator, and as he couldn't add them to his ignore list, he left. Bit of a shame in my book.

Yep it was a spat with Cab who dissapeared at the same time.

manalog

Über Member
So this Scooby overtook you so that he can go as quickly as poss from A to B and then braked, got out threw some abuse and away he went? Why overtake in the first place then stop? It doesn't make sense. I hope the Police pays him a visit. Please let us know what happens.

Top Bottom