best Christmas present as a kid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

I have a couple at different ages but I think my overall was a Wooden fort that my Dad designed and got uncle who was a cabinet maker to make. It was amazing. Had dungeons, secret compartments and weighed a ton it was so well made.

It was in my room for years till I was a lot older. used to hide my fags in it and other things from my parents ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Lego.

Still have loads of it.

Noodley

The wooden fort my dad made when I was young would be in with a shout, as would be the ride-on milk float with plastic milk bottles :biggrin:

But the overall winner must be the 2nd hand BSA bike I got when I was 10 or 11. Far too big for me but fantastic. I was still using it when I was 17 and over 6 foot tall - and it fitted me by then :laugh:

rusky

CC Addict
My BMX! Unfortunately, I was sick Christmas day so didn't get to ride it, only look at it from by bedroom window as my dad rolled it out of the garage.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
A 'Zoids' triceratops at about 8, air rifle at 10 and my first Shot Gun at 12. The three I remember clearest!

longers

Legendary Member
I didn't have a fort made for me but it was a sort of multi storey carpark with a curved ramp to get to the top deck. Sounds odd but it was just perfect for running cars up and down. Cheers Dad :laugh:

Sam Kennedy

Probably this year (aged 17) my Specialized Allez :laugh:
My best present before this year, hmm............
My first laptop, an HP one, can't remember exact model, but was good at that time :smile:
Oh.. oh oh oh! My Matchbox Super Service Station (or something like that), IT WAS AWESOME! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wafflycat

My bicycles!! My first bike - a red & white Triang with stabilsers - the one I learnt to ride properly without stabilsers. Then several years later, my dark blue Raleigh singlespeed. Joy! Freedom!

Betta Bilda - the roof tiles were elegant and the size of bricks more interesting than clumsy Lego!:smile:
bb2.jpg

betta5.jpg

Still got some in a big Nuttals Mintoes tin! :sad:
Also, a Buddy Rich LP with 'Jumpin' at the Woodside' on it.
1080087_170x170.jpg

The Nuttals Mintoes tin and the Buddy Rich are connected. The tin was an integral part of my drum kit made by stretching polythene of various sorts over a collection of tins, pots and bins and beating them into submission with a pair of big knitting needles.

I remain, yours truly, a kid.
(Still haven't bought a drum kit):biggrin:

Top Bottom