Best Computer / HR Monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blindmanpugh

After coming back to cycling after a long lay off, and getting a new bike, I need a new Computer/HR Monitor. I currently have on my old bike a Cateye computer and a seperate HR Monitor (Polar)& display

Obviously things have moved on and I see that there are HR monitors with cycling functions built in and Cycling computers with HR monitor functions built in.

I would really like a computer/HR monitor with basic functions but also require one with cadence.

After studying the various ones on the market I am slightly at a loss as to which one to purchase and was wondering if anyone has any experiences or thoughts and could recommend one.

As to cost I am quite willing to go up to £150 as long as it gives the information that I want.

Will1985

Über Member
I can think of 2 which fit all your requirements:

Polar CS200CAD is about £90

Garmin Edge 305 should be dropping below £150 now the 605 and 705 are out.

I don't know much about the Polar and its capabilities, but both of these allow you to analyse your ride on a computer. The difference is that the Polar is only an online system whereas the Garmin comes with software to use on your PC and you can upload/download routes between the GPS and computer to use with 3rd party programs.

OP
OP
B

blindmanpugh

Thank you for that. I have been doing some more in depth research and found there are a lot more of these on the market than i first thought - although the Polar CS200cad looks a very good bet at this moment in time.

Top Bottom