Best Cycling in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I aren't been everywhere like but I'd have to say any cyclist living in the NE Lancs/N Yorks area should consider themselves fortunate. I serpently think it's ace.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anywhere with mountain climbs........

I have a love/hate relationship with the Peaks - some great climbs, lots of nasty ones. Wales - some fantastic long drags..and descents.....fab.....

North Pennines/ York's Moors / Bowland etc are supposed to be brill..... all up North like.... or Wales.........

Hugo15

Über Member
It has to be the North Yorks Moors.

Sun Superlight

Best place to cycle in the uk?

Cragg Vale, Mytholmroyd.
The longest unbroken climb in the country and it's even better going the other way) :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Northumberland, basically :smile:
I was rather taken with North Wales when on holiday in Snowdonia in August... didn't get any long rides in, but some 20+mile jaunts on tiny roads on my mtb... in Europe, roads tend to wind up the hills... in Wales that didn't seem to occur to the road builders, who just made them go straight up... had 2 or 3 great battles up some fantastically ridiculous hills... one guy saw me just turning into a small road near Trefriw, and said "blimey, you're brave"* :biggrin:

(*isn't it, bach)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Anywhere with quite roads, like minded people and cafes.

Herts has some good roads, but so does Snowdonia, Anglesey, South Wales, Yorkshire and Norfolk.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
living in macc i have the peak district, the staffordshire moorlands and the cheshire lanes all on my doorstep. on a sunny day, the latter are the most beautiful place in the world to be on a bike.

bonj2

Most parts of wales, north yorkshire, lake district (probably some parts of scotland as well, never been there though myself.)

Top Bottom