Best guess at how long

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sticky sherbert

My new bike should be here sometime next week:biggrin:, Giant Escape M Zero, it's an 11.9 mile commute, flat all the way (North Lincolnshire has no idea what a hill is) 2 roundabouts, 4 T junctions. I haven't been on a bike for anything over 2 miles in the last ten years but have been running 6 to 7 miles twice a week. How long it will take me bearing in mind that it's bound to be blowing a gale and peeing it down the first time I leave the motor at work. No prize for the best guess just the satisfaction of being right.

Tynan

Veteran
hour tops

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Traffic lights also slow you down... if you haven't got any then I'm deeply envious (I don't have to be envious of the bike - I've got one:biggrin:). As my commutes are always hilly I haven't got the foggiest how much that changes things ... as I go about 5 mph up hills and upto 30 mph down them but I'm a scaredy cat.

Tetedelacourse

hmm, you don't say how long it takes you to run. I have no idea what kind of a bike it is either so I'll go for 44 mins, just to nullify John's guess!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Are we going to have a sweep on this then?

Wolf04

sticky sherbert wrote: "No prize for the best guess just the satisfaction of being right."

It's a good job we are not a competitive lot what with the commuter racing and everything, no of course I dont! ;)

John the Monkey wrote "Are we going to have a sweep on this then?"

Oh go then, here's my virtual pound :blush:

Top Bottom