Best Item You Own!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

Like many keen cyclists, I have a pile of unusual-looking tools in my shed. Being silly about practical things, I generally have a 'favourite' or 'best'.

When I played with cars, it was a 44mm socket (2cv rear-wheel bearings) that I now use as a paperweight. For motorcycles it was a stubby 32mm spanner for adjusting chains.

I found out the other day what my favourite bicycle tool is. I'd lost it and was amazed at quite how it got to me.

Found this morning, it brought a ray of sunshine into my soul.

It is a set of three rectangular, yellow, plastic tyre levers (Michelin). They are quite perfect: Just bendy enough and easily strong enough. Small, light, dependable.

There are many bicycle tools I like, but these are the ones I (almost) love.

Anyone else got a favourite?

BSRU

A Human Being
I have a big and heavy torque wrench that I used for tightening the nut on a motorbike rear wheel to the swing arm.
It's a quality tool but no use for a bicycle.

It was a hard decision but I eventually settled on this:

C-160.jpg

My Hozan 14/15mm ratchet. Had it for donkey's years and still going strong. Perfect for use with a Campag crank extractor.

subaqua

What’s the point
Halfords proffesional 3/8 drive socket set with hex key bits. works brilliantly with the low range torque wrench, and is man enogh for use on electrical panels too.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Bondhus Allen keys.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A grease gun.
Perfect for getting the grease in/on components in the right place without it splidging here, there and bloody everywhere.
Very useful.

31H55FZzHUL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Top Bottom