Best Puncture Tyre For A 700 x 23c?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atyl1972

cant have the marathon+ due to the size of my road tyre so does anyone else have any suggestions for my tyre size 700x23c?

potsy

Rambler
Schwalbe Durano+ are the racing version of the M+, decent enough for me on my commute.
I have a normal Durano on the front though :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Spesh Armadillo Elites are pretty bombproof. Have been commuting on these through the nasty SE London street for a couple of years now and can count the number of punctures on one hand over that time.

But whatever tyre you choose, the best thing you can do is get into the habit of checking your tyres at the end of the days commute. Dig out any glass, flints, whatever that may work their way in. Especially after a wet commute. You will be surprised what you can dig out of a tyre. It's takes a minute to check and can save you the grief of a future puncture.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
But whatever tyre you choose, the best thing you can do is get into the habit of checking your tyres at the end of the days commute. Dig out any glass, flints, whatever that may work their way in. Especially after a wet commute. You will be surprised what you can dig out of a tyre. It's takes a minute to check and can save you the grief of a future puncture.

I usually wipe them with baby wipes. It takes seconds and it is easier to check them when they are clean.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I usually wipe them with baby wipes. It takes seconds and it is easier to check them when they are clean.

Indeed.. babywipes.... A cyclists best friend.
thumbsup.png

dodgy knees

hi i would recommend conti 4000gp sport chilli compound, have been using them for last 3 years and only 1 flat what more can i say on the matter. tweeks cycles 27.00 quid free del
thumbsup.png

Spesh Armadillo Elites are pretty bombproof. Have been commuting on these through the nasty SE London street for a couple of years now and can count the number of punctures on one hand over that time.

+1 on these. Have had none for 8ish months with these

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Continental gatorskins (folding bead version) are good all round general riding tyres, recommended for rough roads, pot-holes etc..

Continental grand prix 4000 have better grip, are lighter and faster rolling, but have less puncture protection. These are good road tyres, but I'd avoid if your road cycling is mostly on pot-holed lanes or city streets decorated with broken glass.

Top Bottom