Best Week Ever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tnr319

Been doing my 8.5 mile commute 4 days a week for the last two months. Its all on towpaths or greenways from Stoke to Chesterton so no car issues to contend with.
I ride a Haro Heartland Express with a rack, bags and a Weeride bar for carrying my Grandson. I work nights and I usually meet couples leisurely cycling the canal. The blokes on brand name mountain bikes and the women on dual sus BSOs (why is that?).
Anyway Wednesday I had this young lad I reckon about 15 years younger than me (I'm 38) on a mountain bike trying to get past me. Being the kind soul I am I let him pass. He honks his way off on the flat and I thinks "you'll not be able to keep that up". Sure enough coming round a bend with a slope I nearly run into him. This went on for a mile passing each other.
Course i had to sort this out! I took a shortcut at China Gardens and started going at a brisk pace around 13 mph. After a mile I looks round and the lad's nowhere to be seen. I thinks "oh he's gone in another direction" and just carrying on.
After 7.5 miles I have my fag break (I know, but its an addiction don't you know!). So I'm standing there finishing my second ciggie and texting my missus when this lad cycles past. It was the best feeling ever! This young 'un couldn't keep up with an overweight, 20 a day smoking Grandpa!
Then to top this off my commute tonight was even better! I just flew along the canal, cut my PB by 15 minutes. I was buzzing when I got into work! When I started it was taking me an hour and a half each way. Tonight I did there and back in the same amount of time!
This cycling lark addictive isn't it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

WychwoodTrev

Congrats on your new PB allways a good feeling :thumbsup:

In answer to your question on women on BSOs I find most of my mates who cycle their outher half look on it as fun so want a bike but the blokes buy em a BSO first because they know after a very short time their women are going to get bored of it and the bike will live in the shed and it will be a waste of money and a waste of a good bike

Keep up the good work :hello:

That's not the reason: it's because the women are much more fit than the men, so they have to ride shitty bikes so the men can keep up.

Because if that wasn't true, and the men went out on good bikes while buying their ladies BSOs, then after a very short time, the women would hate cycling and the BSOs would end up in the shed.

That would be crazy!

Top Bottom