better day today please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
can we please have a better day today as yesterdays was cr*p .

1st went to lbs to collect a frame set he was putting back together , only to be told he was struggling to find some 26 tpi bottom bracket cones a week after i took it in .

2nd went for a stroll around local posh garden centre in afternoon , parked car went in for max of 10 mins came out and could see crowd of people around or near to our car , when we get there we can see the car next to us driven by an elderly woman , had somehow managed to pust the back of our car across 2 ft and had crushed bottom half of both passenger side doors along with light damage to both fr and rr wings , and more light damage to drivers side rear quarter where she had pushed our car up and against the one next door .
spent 50 + mins on phone to insurance co , might be written off !!!!

so please lets have a better day

Breedon

Legendary Member
My god how fast was she going, at least you wasnt in it at the time.

i thought my day was bad, going up the road off to work and the van broke down cant get out of 2nd gear but at least it isnt my van :biggrin: but it's going to be a pain for tomorrow as all my tools are in there.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
can we please have a better day today as yesterdays was cr*p .

1st went to lbs to collect a frame set he was putting back together , only to be told he was struggling to find some 26 tpi bottom bracket cones a week after i took it in .

2nd went for a stroll around local posh garden centre in afternoon , parked car went in for max of 10 mins came out and could see crowd of people around or near to our car , when we get there we can see the car next to us driven by an elderly woman , had somehow managed to pust the back of our car across 2 ft and had crushed bottom half of both passenger side doors along with light damage to both fr and rr wings , and more light damage to drivers side rear quarter where she had pushed our car up and against the one next door .
spent 50 + mins on phone to insurance co , might be written off !!!!

so please lets have a better day

On the bright side - at least you have plenty of witnesses!
thumbsup.png

EDIT: And my own personal feeling is that when some old biddy does something like that, they should be re-tested.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Could be worse, I'm stuck in a boring hotel In Nairobi, feeling lonely and depressed and missing my family. The weather is superb and I haven't got a bike. Have pulled a muscle in my back so don't even want to go to the hotel gym.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Could be worse, I'm stuck in a boring hotel In Nairobi, feeling lonely and depressed and missing my family. The weather is superb and I haven't got a bike. Have pulled a muscle in my back so don't even want to go to the hotel gym.

Could be even worse.

I bet they don't do pies.....

postman

Legendary Member
Globalti you could spend a few hours,sending out some emails.On the lines of

Dear Cyclist i am instructed to inform you that you have won our National Lottery.A ticket was purchased on your behalf.
Please be kind and send you bank details to myself and i shall deposit your winnings, less my fee.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well just to let you know its been a much better day thank goodness .

just got the wait now to see if insurance co write car off , i would not be surprised but who knows ???

and then to cap it all off its stocktake at work this week great fun

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
EDIT: And my own personal feeling is that when some old biddy does something like that, they should be re-tested.
[/quote]

She fails her re test and looses all independence,is therefore made house bound , she spirals into a deep depression and turns the gas on ,, leaves it a week then lights a match ,, booooom the whole row of houses is gone creating a devastated and in mourning community that never recovers.

Is that what you want , coz thats what will happen ,, on your concience for the price of a wing and a door
whistling.gif

Dont do that to the poor lady ,, just give her a rubber car
thebiggrin.gif

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
meh, thats not a bad day. thats just one of those testers from life as if to say "Hey, i saw things were going swimmingly and decided to throw a spanner in the works"

a bad day is not something you should dwell upon but much worse could have befallen you!

our car got written off when a nice lady in a VW Golf was too interested in the wazzock rocketing through the roundabout to realist that A: we were stopped in front of her at said roundabout and B: she should apply brakes.
this was back in april.

totally stoved in the back of our car. i'm still having issues with my back now (not when i cycle tho!) and it was me, the wife and our two kids in the car pretty scary stuff tbh.

Top Bottom