Betting on the GT's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I just had a look out of interest at the prices on the Giro and the TdF

Giro

9/4 Basso
5/2 Armstrong
8 Cunego
9 Menchov
11 Di Luca
16 Leipheimer
18 Sastre
18 Pellizotti

I think LA's price is too short. Maybe Di Luca for value for money?

TdF

6/4 Contador
4 Armstrong
8 Andy Schleck
10 Evans
16 Sastre
20 Leipheimer
20 Valverde

Let's hope it throws up some surprises. You know, Evans wins a stage or something!

yello

I'm stunned at those odds on LA. The bookies don't really think he stands a chance surely?

rich p said:
You know, Evans wins a stage or something!

It'd only happen if they guy in front falls off! Even then, Evans would probably follow the lead car off the course before the finish line!

mondobongo

Über Member
I'm surprised at the odds on armstrong as well, the Italians will give him a good going over in the Giro don't see him winning it. The Tour could be interesting there could be major rows at Astana leading to some fallout leaving the way for someone else and I am not a fan but also don't think we have seen the last of Evans and they have brought in Charlie Wegelius to pace him up the climbs this year.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
chfp77 said:
Wouldnt mind a few quid on Levi in the Giro at that price

Will he have to defer to LA though to return the Tour of Cal favour?
Mind you if Armstrong can't cut it then Levi becomes team leader I suppose

chfp77

Could get 8s for Cav on saturday morning on Betfair.Didnt think that was a bad price.

chfp77

Just read that Armstrong may pull out of the Giro before the finish as his partner is due to give birth halfway through the race!!

chfp77

Christ,wish i hadnt seen this post.This is gonna be an expensive start to the year. Hincapie 14s for Paris-roubaix.

Top Bottom