Beware Amazon Prime ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm a bit dissapointed with Amazon. We've (well mostly the wife) been Amazon users for a while, no issues, no fuss, nice easy way to buy stuff.
I used amazon the other night to buy some presents and not being a regular user i saw 'One Click Buy'. Oh well, that looks fairly simple...so i did. Then realising how it works, there's nothing else to do, no confirm order, no details neccessary, nothing. Thats bloody dangerous if your kids got hold of your account :ohmy:

The when the wife was checking the online bank statement, to see the value of the order...no problem, but then sees another transaction for £49 :huh:. Phones Amazon to see what it is....apparently we've signed up for Amazon Prime, a £49 payment and you recieve free postage for the year on anything you buy. Well i say free, cos you've just paid for the priveledge, so its not free then eh ?
Only trouble is...when i was shopping, i didnt see ANYTHING on the pages that indicated i was signing up for Prime.

One very very frosty phone call made by the wife, one arrogant callcentre operative who said 'well you signed up for it'...one threat of trading standards by the wife, and the charge has been cancelled.

Very dissapointing. Perhaps i did inadvertently click something, but i really dont think so.
Thumbs down to Amazon this time...be careful peeps.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It is usually on the checkout screen along with the sign up to this credit card and get so much off your order adverts

rualexander

Legendary Member
I was offered this when I was ordering from Amazon the other night, I didn't follow it up as I didn't want it.

TVC

That's one thing you have to look out for - that and them setting the most expensive delivery service as default. I got caught once - familiarity and all that, not checking all the boxes, suddenly I had the book the next day and £2.70 down. My fault in the eyes of the law, fair enough.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
It is usually on the checkout screen along with the sign up to this credit card and get so much off your order adverts
Thats the thing...with 'One Click Buy' you dont even go to checkout. :huh:
I really am confused how or where i clicked it...

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Thats the thing...with 'One Click Buy' you dont even go to checkout. :huh:
I really am confused how or where i clicked it...

Fair enough, the only time I use 1 click is for kindle books I would never use it for any other orders.

I always check every tickbox from whoever I buy from because they nearly always highlight the most expensive delivery method as default then once the order is placed I go back in and double check the amounts, but I have to say I if I have had problems with an amazon order they have always sorted it out with out any problems and I buy quite a lot of stuff for my business from them.

waggoner

I had a free months trial last year just before xmas, which was dead handy. I thought it was brilliant, but i would not pay the £49 for it,,i got no need, never in a rush. But they are offering me a free trial again now, so might take them up on it for buying last minute xmas presents..
Apart from that never had no problems with ordering from them,,but i've never used the one click order option!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have to say my stuff has been turning up pretty quickly using the Free delivery at the moment. And one book I ordered turned up with the jacket on back to front. The replacement book was there within 48 hrs of me finding the problem so before the returned book could have reached them.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
To be quids in with prime you have to order a LOT of stuff from them. Most people would be better off just using the free service, it ususally arives within 3 days anyway. If you need it next day, pay a one off.

longers

Legendary Member
I've only just found out you can get nectar points on Amazon, if you're into that sort of thing. Every little helps eh?

Top Bottom