Beware the rogue bicycles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must admit, I couldn't be bothered reading past the fourth paragraph. Did anyone manage any further?

User3143 said:
Yeah, worst 5 minutes of my life that I'm never ever , ever gonna get back.;)

Just make sure you cycle all week, that'll extend your life expectancy by another 5 minutes. Sorted! :biggrin:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Another crap peice of journalisum from the DM

Firtsly i would like to point out the spelling mistake, i'm no shakespear but if i notice it, it has to be bad.
This is even more of an injustice given the way many cyclists ignore the Highway Code, thus putting themselves at risk just as much as peestrians.

Secondly:
She fell on her back and hit her head. She was bleeding. The cyclist didn't bother to stop. A kind passer-by took my mother to hospital, where was told she was lucky to have escaped concussion or a broken back.

Surely it's common sense that if someone hits there head and is bleading that you don't move them and take them to hospital by yourself, you call an ambulance. with the other details in the arctile just make it sound even more made up.

It's a shame that we get attacked like this, just because a minority of us break various laws and put them selfs as well as others in danger. A few car drivers do the same, but you don't see us calling them all a danger to society.

thomas

the tank engine
They ride in the gutter and weave in and out between cars. In fact, they act as if they were deaf and dumb. Worse, some ride when tired or drunk - and many haven't learned to control their bicycles.

Yet, Daily Mail readers will be the first to complain when we don't ;)

article seemed stupid. Yes, sad your mother got knocked over....but thousands of people get killed by cars each year which is sader.

joebingo

Über Member
She lost my respect mostly by saying "The usually sensible Boris Johnson" The rest just seems to be run of the mill bog standard anti-cycling diatribe.

manalog

Über Member
Jeysus! ...and I read every single word of it after promising myself to stop after the first paragraph. Utter non sense, i 've lost 10 mins of my life bwahhaa....

manalog said:
Jeysus! ...and I read every single word of it after promising myself to stop after the first paragraph. Utter non sense, i 've lost 10 mins of my life bwahhaa....

You're a slower reader than Lee then... ;):biggrin:

StuartG

slower but further
Well pretty obviously the cyclist is in the wrong. Nevertheless the outcome, though sad, would have almost certainly been a whole lot worse, maybe fatal if the same idiot had been in a car.

The article is worth a read through just to get to the end. This is indeed a very disturbed person. Let's hope somebody who admits she can't handle a bike doesn't try losing control of anything more dangerous.

u9ge

wonderful bollox that has little strength in building an argument for banning bikes as she concludes. Happily the comments are unavailable, but I lved her mugging account, how else would the kid have made off? uhave you ever tried grabbing a bag from hanging out a moving car on a pavement?

Tubbs

joebingo said:
She lost my respect mostly by saying "The usually sensible Boris Johnson" The rest just seems to be run of the mill bog standard anti-cycling diatribe.

Who she had an affair with ;)

Earlier on Wiki it said she was known to her friends as "Pasty" for her eating habits and she "lives with her cycle stunt mother"... but it has since been removed. It doesn't take long does it?

It is probably the most ridiculous anti-cyclist article yet published by the Daily Mail, surely even their readers will see that.

Crankarm

Guru
I clicked on this post the second after it went up so in all likelihood would have been the first to respond. However I looked at the link, clicked and saw some stupid name attached to it, saw DM and thought "Nah......... waste of time, total bilge. I'll let others read it for me" which many have now done and confirmed what I initially felt. It's crap ;).

Top Bottom