Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisUK

Hi guys,

Just wondering what is the general opinion of bianchi bikes??

Are they good? bad?

Components good?

wafflycat

I have two.

I've got a San Remo, which is an audax/lightweight tourer. Elderly now and off at Mercian being refurbished, but I adore that bike. Put it this way, it's my 'everyday bike' it's been with me to Italy, France & Germany and even though it's battered paintwork, rather than get a new bike, I've got it stripped down, with the frame & forks being properly refurbished. I'll have that bike for my entire life. Then I've got a Via Nirone entry level racer. Again, I love it - it's my 'summer bike' as it's mudguard free, it's a bit lighter than the tourer and it has carbon front forks. Again, I love the bike.

You can get Bianchi with Shimano or Campagnolo componentry, so takes your pick. I'm a Campag girl :wacko:

Edit: Both mine are Campag Mirage/Veloce mix

PaulB

Legendary Member
I also like them so much I've got two as well. I've got an 1885 which came with Ultegra and standard wheels but I upgraded to Dura ace and Ksyrium SL wheels. I love that bike as much as I love Fernando Torres's sweet, sweet right foot.

As my winter bike, I've got a Via Nirone equipped with Campag Veloce. I love that bike as much as I love Javier Mascherano's hustle and workrate.

I especially love the way they seem to "flex" with the road, evening out the bumps and bangs of the tarmac and they ride like a sweet, sweet dream.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I know someone that has got some kind of c2c nirone or something along those lines. Pondered getting something similar myself. Why not go for a test ride?

ghitchen

I started with a Via Nirone 7 and over time it has morphed into an EV4.

ev4-1024.jpg

The only problem I have had is a premature failure on a bottom bracket due to corrosion, but I have now fitted a hollow bolt for the cable guide under the bottom bracket shell so that it drains.

I would happily recommend a Bianchi, but for me an Italian bike has to have Italian components. (And before anyone points it out, yes, I do know that Bianchi is no longer Italian owned and that some of their frames are not made in Italy).

gbb

Legendary Member
Had two Chris...
Via Nirone 7, 9 speed Xenon. Loved it, and used it well. No problems at all with componentry, but did crack the frame at the BB / downtube :biggrin: Replaced under warranty, no problem, and the feeling at the LBS, and after dscussion in here was it was a one off. No-one has heard of another failing in that way.

Didnt stop me getting another, now have a C2C Via Nirone Xenon 10 speed...even better :tongue:

Wouldnt hesitate to recommend one.

Yanto

Got two too. A Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon Mirage and a 928. Both have full Campag- I would never buy a Bianchi fitted with Shimano componentry personally. Love them, although I will admit that I am considering buying a Spesh Roubaix too!

yenrod

As far as I understand they are known for a short TT (as most Italians are pretty short people - once I treid on an extra:large jacket, when in Italy, and it never fitted me) and I'm not massive by any means !

But the colour sells well as its pretty appealing !

Bianchi_EV41.jpg

barnesy

I cant comment much because im not into cycling a long time but i had a look at a few bikes before buying my first road bike. On monday i got my Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce. Took it out for 34 miles today and it was surprisingly comfortable. The most i had dome up until this point was a few mid 20 milers on a hybrid. Anybody ive spoken to who has a bianchi seems to be very passionate about it. Id say get one, they look brillaint.

gbb

Legendary Member
Chris (or anyone else interested), the guy at my LBS explained what the C2C (Coast to Coast) frame gives you.
Evidently, the headtube is raised by something like 20mm, this raises the front end and makes it more comfortable. Not really what you want on a pure racing machine, but then, how many of us actually race, he stated.
It is genuinely comfortable. My Via Nirone 7 was comfortable, but got a bit much on the back after 45 miles...i hav'nt had any discomfort on the C2C at all...and i do get a bad back anyway.
The seat on mine is a huge improvement as well.
Nirone 7 had a Selle Italia Initiale...red, plain, and hard. You got used to it, but not what you'd call comfortable.
The new one has a San marco Ponza...infinately better (on my backside anyway :smile:)...much much more comfortable...and better looking too.
Wheels on the VNirone 7 were flawless...never went out of true or lost any spokes, despite quite a few bangs into unseen potholes and a couple of misjudged hops up kerbs ;)
I shouldnt say it (shouldnt close my mind to another brand in the future) but i think i will always stay with Bianchi.

wafflycat

As much as I adore my two Bianchis, I adore them because they fit me and are well-made. If they didn't fit me, then they'd be as much use to me as a chocolate teapot. For me, the key with any bike is whether or not it fits and if it's well-made. Don't forget, whether or not a bike looks good is entirely subjective thing. Just because I adore my bikes, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Top Bottom