Bib or shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimC

I've been cycling about half a year now and I've been using padded normal shorts (lusso gel jobs).

I was put off the bibs by the price difference, but I'm gearing up to do the LEJOG in a fortnight and was hoping that I could gather some opinion of weather it's worth the extra shekels...

What do you think?

Cheers

domtyler

Über Member
Definitely get the bibs, SO much better you will wonder how you ever cycled in those awful [non-bib] shorts!

gbspark

why are they so good ??

domtyler

Über Member
gbspark said:
why are they so good ??

Non-bibs have an elasticated waist to stop them falling down whereas bibs have shoulder straps so no pressure on the tum. I didn't think it would make much difference unless you had a large paunch until I tried some for myself a couple of years ago, I haven't even put on a pair of non-bibs since as the difference was so great.

Young Un

i bought my first pair of lycra shorts at the weekend for this wed. club ride,

i went straqight for bibs as they were only 5 quid extra (from decathlon), and they feel nice and comfy, doubt i will never learn what normal non-bib shorts are like but oh well,

i didnt think i would look as slim as i did wen i put the lycra on but i did look quite slim so im well happy.:smile:

just need a club jersey now,

oh i will be wearin sum baggies over the lycra untill i get even slimmer.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un, you big wimp.
Although i said i would never wear lycra while i was still at school, that didnt work. Started wearing lycra when it got warm a while ago, wouldnt wear anything else now.
Bibs are nice because even me with no really tummy, i found they cut in, would slowly work down, wouldnt stay in the right place. Bibs do stay in the right place, stay up, put no more pressure on your tummy.

Tynan

Veteran
no elastic at the waist, fit better, pad in place better, material around your torso, designed for proper cyclists rather than amateurs, night and day better

my bib shorts (summer) let me piss easy, the longs not so much

Top Bottom