Bib-shorts sizing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Al Fowler

Hi,
Im new to cycling and my knowledge is pretty much nothing.

Ive got the Ribble Carbon Sportive on order and while i wait till the end of June to be able to pick it up:ohmy:....im getting my clothes etc ordered now.

Ive gone for the Cevelo Training jersey and i want to get the bib shorts with it but havent got a clue about the size.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Castelli_Cervelo_Test_Team_Training_Bib_Shorts_2009/5360041595/

Not im a 31 inch waist and i that works out at about 78-79cm.
Im also 5'11.

Now with my waist its telling me to get a size small, but im worried that the size will be for a less tall person as thats usually the case with most clothes.

So could anybody help me out here. Sorry and thanks.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No need to apologise, everybody has to start somewhere.

I would go for the small if I were you. This stuff stretches a lot.

Joe

Über Member
I'd go with the small, personally.
I'm 5'9 and wear small Assos which are designed for 5'5 max. They are tight when standing and shorter in the leg than I'd ideally like but once on the bike they are by far the most comfortable (and I've tried the next size up).

peanut

bib shorts are sized in length rather than width I thought? I'm sure a small size would be too short for your trunk length.
You would be best trying on a few at your local bike shop.
I bought a L size recently and it is a little short for my 5'11" and consequently feels tight over the shoulders

bonj2

agree with renard - I wouldn't go for small. Either medium or large.
They're not going to be too baggy, but the bib shoulder loops will be a bit tight on the small if you're 5'11".
I'm 5'10.5", 32" waist and i normally get large, but I got some XL assos bib tights and they're not baggy or anything.

Rigid Raider said:
everybody has to start somewhere.

Not a bad start though is it?http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/prodimg/RIBBFRAR905_1_Zoom.jpg :sad:

Oh, and welcome Al :biggrin:
RIBBFRAR905_1_Zoom.jpg

SimonC

Al Fowler said:
Hi,
Im new to cycling and my knowledge is pretty much nothing.

Ive got the Ribble Carbon Sportive on order and while i wait till the end of June to be able to pick it up:ohmy:....im getting my clothes etc ordered now.

Ive gone for the Cevelo Training jersey and i want to get the bib shorts with it but havent got a clue about the size.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Castelli_Cervelo_Test_Team_Training_Bib_Shorts_2009/5360041595/

Not im a 31 inch waist and i that works out at about 78-79cm.
Im also 5'11.

Now with my waist its telling me to get a size small, but im worried that the size will be for a less tall person as thats usually the case with most clothes.

So could anybody help me out here. Sorry and thanks.

'kin hell. Hope you enjoy it (I'm sure you will)

OP
OP
A

Al Fowler

Cheers guys.

I'll defo go for the height rather than waist then, large or medium ill have to decide.....my fancy jersey and socks arrived today so just need the bibs, the bike and the shoes.

You guys might be able to help on something else.

Im getting the Shimano RO76 road shoes, 45 are too tight on the outside of my foot, and 46 fit fine around the foot but i can fit a finger easily down the back of my heel - which i guys will move and rub as i pedal.
Whats whould you suggest i do.....get the 45 and pray the shoes give-in a bit, or get a 46 and risk blisters...and maybe get an insole?
Ta

MajorMantra

Al Fowler said:
Cheers guys.

I'll defo go for the height rather than waist then, large or medium ill have to decide.....my fancy jersey and socks arrived today so just need the bibs, the bike and the shoes.

You guys might be able to help on something else.

Im getting the Shimano RO76 road shoes, 45 are too tight on the outside of my foot, and 46 fit fine around the foot but i can fit a finger easily down the back of my heel - which i guys will move and rub as i pedal.
Whats whould you suggest i do.....get the 45 and pray the shoes give-in a bit, or get a 46 and risk blisters...and maybe get an insole?
Ta

I think Shimano are known for their narrow sizing. I believe they may do a wide version of some sizes though, have you come across these?

Matthew

OP
OP
A

Al Fowler

MajorMantra said:
I think Shimano are known for their narrow sizing. I believe they may do a wide version of some sizes though, have you come across these?

Matthew
I'll get googling.

Cheers for the suggestion.

Top Bottom