Bicycle Police Chase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ecclefechan

I was not riding at the time, I was casually up the town with my friends for a casual shop.

So as me and my friends walked up the high street towards George Square, I heard some commotion coming from the other side of Georges Square, I didn't have my specks on at the time so I couldn't really make out the whole scenario, I just remember seeing a Cyclist arguing what appeared to be a tourist, being nosey as my friends and I are, we stopped to watch this commotion and before we knew it the Cyclist gave this "tourist" a perfect back-hand to the face. I almost felt the pain for the other man, but obviously two, curious Police Officers had seen this commotion taking place and were heading up behind the Cyclist to diffuse the situation.

Well, before the Officers could reach the Cyclist, the Cyclist took off (unbeknownst to the Cops behind him) The very funny part was watching a Cyclist fleeing from the Scene with the Police in hot pursuit... I dont know if he got caught, or maybe they are still pursuing him to this day? But at least I can say "I have seen a Police Bicycle Chase".

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ach, the lot will be on camera, there is on in every corner in town. So watch out in the Square, you're on cctv :hello:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
My local Police Service (not Force) is looking for Special Constables (volunteers) to perform police duties with other officers (saves money).
I was going to put my name down for it, and enquire about the possibility of using my bike. I think I will still put my name down, but might leave the bike bit out. We do actually have a bike bobby, whome I saw a few times last year around my area. Dont know where he has gone though (probably laid off).

OP
OP
Ecclefechan

Ecclefechan

My local Police Service (not Force) is looking for Special Constables (volunteers) to perform police duties with other officers (saves money).
I was going to put my name down for it, and enquire about the possibility of using my bike. I think I will still put my name down, but might leave the bike bit out. We do actually have a bike bobby, whome I saw a few times last year around my area. Dont know where he has gone though (probably laid off).

Alrighty Matt, is a matter of fact I am a Special Constabulary Applicant also. The Police Service equip you with a bike, and won't allow you to use your own bike. (Like using your personal car as a Police car, its just a blatant No). Leave the bike bit out, Special Constables 6 months into their service get the option to take the Advanced Biking course.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Alrighty Matt, is a matter of fact I am a Special Constabulary Applicant also. The Police Service equip you with a bike, and won't allow you to use your own bike. (Like using your personal car as a Police car, its just a blatant No). Leave the bike bit out, Special Constables 6 months into their service get the option to take the Advanced Biking course.
TBH I doubt the cycling part of the police is top of their minds. So even if I did enquire about beind a bobby on a bike, I doubt they would actually give me one.

Is there any age limit? I am 18 so will that act against me?

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
"I even tried making a siren noise myself..."

This really made me laugh.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
"Advanced biking course" what the hell is that?

OP
OP
Ecclefechan

Ecclefechan

"Advanced biking course" what the hell is that?

Its a mandatory training course if you want to be able to ride a Police Bicycle on duty, it also allows you to be legally qualified to be cycling through Shopping Centers, busy parts of town, and down stairs , and just getting more advanced training for cycling ect. Obviously to most members on here, its already a doddle, but for those who have not cycled in years it allows them to be taught how ride a bike safely, through busy places as fast as possible.

OP
OP
Ecclefechan

Ecclefechan

In that case, I am pleased to know that I am an advanced rider as I have been doing all that for years!

Cycling through indoor shopping centers?! CRIMINAL

Section 29 (F1) Of the Road Traffic Act 1988 - If a person rides a cycle outdoors or indoors, without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons, one is guilty of an offence. :ph34r:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Cycling through indoor shopping centers?! CRIMINAL

Section 29 (F1) Of the Road Traffic Act 1988 - If a person rides a cycle outdoors or indoors, without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons, one is guilty of an offence. :ph34r:
Well the peds should not be getting our way. Dont they know that shopping centres are for bikes, not peds?

Top Bottom