Bicycle work stands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThePainInSpain

I bought one from Lidl €29 (that's about £25), one of the most useful things I've ever bought.

If you do even some fettleing then they are worth getting.

Get one of THESE. It's a shade more than the Lidl one, but it's better made anyway. The Lidl ones are good for the money, but you probably won't find one now anyway.

Loads of others use the one in the link and it's very highly recommended. I've restored two bikes with mine, and carried out endless routine maintenance tasks over the last few years on my bikes, and it's as good as new :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Basil.B

Basil.B

Guru
I Will be ordering one soon. The one recommended by smokeysoo looks a good buy.
Thanks.
thumbsup.png

Had a similar looking thing from Halfords - it was small and it was shoot.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Was going to mention Decathlon - I've got the both models they sell - the £25 holds the bike by the bottom bracket and underside of down tube, and is foldable and easy to store. The more expensive one (£50) uses a traditional clamp, but it's very sturdy and you get a tool tray - this is a permanent type - takes up a bit of floor space but it's excellent.

400bhp

Guru
Was going to mention Decathlon - I've got the both models they sell - the £25 holds the bike by the bottom bracket and underside of down tube, and is foldable and easy to store. The more expensive one (£50) uses a traditional clamp, but it's very sturdy and you get a tool tray - this is a permanent type - takes up a bit of floor space but it's excellent.

I had one of that type (not the Decathlon one). I hated it, as it sat on the wires for the front and rear derailleur. Bought it for £40 off Fleabay, put it straight back on and sold it for around £40.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had one of that type (not the Decathlon one). I hated it, as it sat on the wires for the front and rear derailleur. Bought it for £40 off Fleabay, put it straight back on and sold it for around £40.

That's the down side, hence me using the big one ! You have to flick the cables out of the way, and you won't be fettling the gears with the BB holding type.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
We have a slide in the back garden for the children. (Got it via freegle in the spring.) I can hang my bike frame over the top hand rail of the slide to make a passable stand.

martint235

Dog on a bike
If the stand folding up isn't important to you, this is the one I've got. Truly indispensable now, I use it for everything apart from any messing with the headset I may do (find that's easier with the front wheel on the floor).

Top Bottom