Big Over Shoes Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found something with a velcro closer fitted over my mtb shoes. The last ones I had were Planet X and the ones before were from a lbs.

si_c

Guru
I've got a pair of sealskins that go over a a size 14 - just - it's whatever their largest size were. I've also got a pair of Louis garneau neoprene overshoes that have seen better days that fit perfectly.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5450784, member: 9609"]I know they say it will go up to size 13 - but will they? are they generous sizes. I have found over shoes to be very undersized
in the past.

Velcro should be easier to get on than zips, and more chance of being able to extend them. But I would just love to be able to buy some that just fitted.

the ones in the pictures above are size 14 but don't go any where near a 13 shoe.[/QUOTE]

I bought a pair on the recommendation of @Drago so he might be able to comment on how large is large! I don't know his shoe size obviously. I have medium and I think these would easily fit a 10. They slip on to my size 8 MTB so easily it's not even worth mentioning. The complete opposite of every other shoe I've used.

My experience is these are the best value for money overshoes I've had. These overshoes are the easiest I've had to put on, they are generously sized and the velcro fastening makes it very simple to put on/take off.

I've worn them at 0C and my feet were cold but not unbearably so, the warmest I've experienced from an overshoe to date. For light rain waterproofing is good and generally I get home with dry or at worst damp feet. I've ridden once in very wet conditions and my feet were soaked at 25 miles BUT warm and still so when I got home after 48 miles. The temperature was 5-6C.

These are not the most glamorous overshoes, there are probably much better ones out there, but for value for money, easy fitting, warm and dry most of the time they're excellent. The misery I used to suffer on cold days has reduced significantly. Highly recommended and at £15 worth a gamble.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I think most of you may be talking about over shoes that go over cycling shoes, whilst the OP wants them to go over thick hiking style boots.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Ah. I thought the shoes were some sort of cycling boot I wasn't aware of. I see what you mean after another look at the image.

I'd have to ask then why not use good walking socks and a waterproof boot? I walk all year in leather boots and with correct maintenance my feet are always dry apart from sweat induced dampness.

I think the Planet X overshoes would be worth trying as they are very stretchy and generously cut.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would send the shoe off to somebody who will make to measure.

pawl

Legendary Member
The shoes look more like a low walking boot.Doubt if you will find a dedicated cycling over shoe to fit.May be worth looking at hiking gaiters they do however come quite high up the thigh but will keep your feet dry.

Drago

Legendary Member
Blimey. Gonna rename you Sideshow Bob!

If overshoes are a problem town about some waterproof cycling shoes/boots? Probably unsatisfactory, but might be the best you'll manage.

Drago

Legendary Member
Is it the sort of thing a seamstress could knock up? I don't know how easy neoprene is to work with, but a good quality pair made thqt way mightiest a decade.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I've always struggled to see the point of overshoes. More appropriate cycling footwear would seem a more logical choice, rather than going for a "sticking plaster" solution. Whenever the weather is anything less than warm and dry, I wear workmens boots for riding bikes, and if its cold I just put two pairs of socks on, which is not a problem with the generous sizing of working footwear. Essentially I dress for riding the same as I dress for work, and I don't have any problems with my feet getting cold or wet - either at work or when riding

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I had a pair from Planet X in size XXL that fitted over "normal" shoes but I can't remember the brand - possibly AGU?

I've currently got a pair of BBB heavy duty OSS overshoes that are available up to size 47/48 from Amazon.

Top Bottom