Biggest Bang For Your Buck In Time Trial Equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty

monnet

Guru
Just don't get the new Bont all carbon aero shoes - the UCI, in it's desire to return to a utopia that only they know of, have banned them.

frank9755

Cyclist
http://www.cyclingti...rial-equipment/

An interesting link.... the one that shocked me was that shoe covers can save you 30 seconds over 40km. Obviously the times saved will vary from rider to rider

Thanks - not seen that one before.
The time savings are considerable but remember they're based on some doing 25 miles (40km) in 48 minutes - which is over 30mph! Wind resistance increases as a square of speed so a mere mortal like me going at c.24mph could expect to get significantly less benefit. Not worked it out, but it would be less than half as much. Even so, every little helps!

Will1985

Über Member
Anybody can sit on a TT bike but if their position is rubbish it won't be very fast. It is possible to refine one's position for free by reading, analysing the position of others, and receiving advice from others. The last one is particularly easy to do after events.

Re the shoes, they should have been banned just for the way they look. I'm not sure which part the UCI objected to, but the back looks like it was designed for someone with a bad case of calcaneal spurs.

Top Bottom