Bike alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
How much was it of ebay? Did you get it from a particular shop? Would it not fit on a bike with drops? I've emailed them to ask when one for drops might be released.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
£14.99 +£2.50 postage item no. 260385674280
Can't see how it would fit on drops due to the length. Not sure what the internal diameter of drops is either. Sounds like you've looked at the website and it does say a drop bar version is being developed, I'd be interested to see how it looks when it appears.

Have to say I am the target market for it. Bikes + gadgets = :wacko:

thomas

the tank engine
Piemaster said:
£14.99 +£2.50 postage item no. 260385674280
Can't see how it would fit on drops due to the length. Not sure what the internal diameter of drops is either. Sounds like you've looked at the website and it does say a drop bar version is being developed, I'd be interested to see how it looks when it appears.

Have to say I am the target market for it. Bikes + gadgets = :wacko:

For £20 it's alright. To be honest, not sure if it'd stop someone stealing your bike? Maybe when it goes off it should lock the brakes on...or send you a text and you can randomly lock the front wheel on :smile:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
My hope for it is that it draws attention to and frightens off any thieving git trying to cut the lock.

I'd much prefer my bike to fight back. I'm thinking more of a taser type affair and anyone that touches the bike finds themselves jiggling about on the pavement. Of course it would have to have a warning notice on it, something like "Touch me and I'll 'ave you", as much of an aide memoire to the owner as any criminal element.

MajorMantra

Piemaster said:
I'd much prefer my bike to fight back. I'm thinking more of a taser type affair and anyone that touches the bike finds themselves jiggling about on the pavement. Of course it would have to have a warning notice on it, something like "Touch me and I'll 'ave you", as much of an aide memoire to the owner as any criminal element.

I think you could end up in very hot water using such a system. Just imagine the court case after your bike electrocutes some curious 5 year old...

Matthew

just4fun

cheers for posting the link to the review. it looks like a decent bike of kit. a draw backs i can see* but other wise a good idea. i might invest in one when the drop bar version is out.

bike locked up at station, some1 moves you handle bars to position their bike and off goes the alarm.

02GF74

Über Member
just4fun said:
bike locked up at station, some1 moves you handle bars to position their bike and off goes the alarm.

and then what happens?

folks stare whilst someone saws through the chain and walks off with the bike.

just4fun

your battery runs out

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
MajorMantra said:
I think you could end up in very hot water using such a system. Just imagine the court case after your bike electrocutes some curious 5 year old...

Matthew

Serve them right for getting their sticky fingers on the paintwork. I'm sure any judge would find this quite reasonable.

OK, I wasn't being serious, but I hope the alarm will at least give a surprise factor and have the thieving gits go and molest someone elses pride and joy (I'd rather them be caught though). I had a 2 month old Giant XTC stolen a couple of years ago so am perhaps a little paranoid. There are bikes being stolen in the city centre at the moment to the point of it appearing to be organised rather than random thefts.

Top Bottom