Bike Computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ORrecumbent1

What's a good quality brand bike computer that only gives Distance/MPH? Not looking for all that other foofarah. Just like to keep things simple. Would like to keep it $50 and under if that is possible. Thanks in advance, TW.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Cateye make good, reliable cycle computers.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
OP is in Oregon...
He might have to wait a week or so but there's a Decathlon store opening in San Francisco this month.

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

Thanks guys but, got pointed in the direction of a Garmin 20 that was pretty much brand new, I went that route. It seems very simple and for $60 I couldn't pass it up. Once it's here, I'll try and do a review on it. TW

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

All righty then, I got the Garmin in and got it set up. I am glad I went this route as it is really pretty simple to use and is pretty inconspicuous on the handle bars. As a newbie I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for simplicity, without all the foofarah, in a bike computer.

180ncjL.jpg

I have a decathlon one thats been running perfectly for 9 years - still on the original battery.
I didn't get on with cateye it kept reading the bumps in the road as a switch off

Lonestar

Veteran
All righty then, I got the Garmin in and got it set up. I am glad I went this route as it is really pretty simple to use and is pretty inconspicuous on the handle bars. As a newbie I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for simplicity, without all the foofarah, in a bike computer.

I use a Cateye Enduro 8 or similar on all my bikes...The older versions.There are newer versions out which I don't like much.

How long does the battery last on your Garmin?

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Does 'Garmin' need to be downloaded to a laptop, or is there a,way it can go to iPad via an app ?

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

How long does the battery last on your Garmin?

According to Garmin, up to 8hrs. Which is fine for me as I will never ride for that length of time anyway.

Does 'Garmin' need to be downloaded to a laptop, or is there a,way it can go to iPad via an app ?

It can be connected to a computer but as far as an Ipad, I've no idea. Garmin's website did say that it isn't Bluetooth compatible.

Top Bottom