Bike Hike save facility gone :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
:sad:The save facility is gone from bike Hike with a note coming up saying its been binned for legal reasons and advising that the search facility will be going so save any routes you have to your PC now.

What a shame .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey that's a pain

Bike Route Toaster has also had problems with it's host:

3rd December 2009 - Service Resumed
BikeRouteToaster.com is up and running again after being offline for a number of days. We apologise for the disruption to service but it was out of our hands. Our hosting provider (Computrad Europe Ltd) decided that they didn't want to host our site anymore and took the server offline. So far they haven't given us a reason as to why the server was taken down so suddenly. We have been trying to contact them to retrieve our data that was held on their server but have been unable to do so. As a result we have had to restore the database from an earlier backup and approximately 1 weeks worth of data has been lost.
As a result you may find that courses you created recently are not available. Also if you have just registered recently and now can't log in it may be that you need to register again.
We apologise once again for any inconvenience this has caused.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
This is the message on Bikehike.

Closure of Bikehike Route Database

I have received legal advice that, in spite of any disclaimer on this site, there is no guarantee against possible litigation as a result of having routes assessible via this website.
As a private individual I am not prepared to expose myself to this risk (however small) and therefore have reluctantly taken the decision to close the bikehike route database.
For a start the facility to save routes to the database has been closed. In the near future I will also close the facility to search for routes in the database. In the meantime I suggest all users download their routes to their PCs.
I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I hope you can appreciate the reasons.

Top Bottom