Bike Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Hi guys,

With the arrival of some expensive bikes coming soon, ading up to around the 5000 mark for the two, I need to sort out some insurance. I looked at the Bike Insurance Company who offer cover for racing and leisure etc, but even with BC discount it is still 480 per annum! What I'm trying to ask, is there anywhere that offers similar insurance (Racing, leisure, theft, accidental damage etc) that is A LOT cheaper?

Cheers
Steve

speedo

Hi there
Being "an old un", I insure my bike with SAGA - VERY CHEAP - YOU MUST BE OVER 55 THOUGH !:laugh:

One company to avoid at all cost is E&L. They may be around the cheapest but their overall service is appalling.

I use Cycleguard now. Policy prices are pretty good too and the Customer Service is excellent.

bernieUK said:
One company to avoid at all cost is E&L. They may be around the cheapest but their overall service is appalling.

I use Cycleguard now. Policy prices are pretty good too and the Customer Service is excellent.

Christ just got a quote of £684! Thats three times what I pay for my car which is in insurance group 12

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I need to insure a couple of hard-to-replace Moultons. Quotes coming in at about 10% of the cost of the bikes, even though I live in a rural postcode where bike theft is unheard-of.

Surely insurers can do better than that?

amygreen

Have any of you tried the ETA? I've heard they are offering a really good policy with cover for racing and time trialling and are relatively cheap. Worth having a look!

Paco

Insurance

10% of bike replacement cost is a normal annual payment for bike insurance. I have thought long and hard about insurance, and come to the following conclusions:
1. Better to ride a bike that no-one wants to steal.......;0(
2. Or see what cover comes with your home contents policy, and pay a supplement if necessary.
3. Or simply take the risk, but using all the security measures available to you.

If you invest in an expensive policy, make sure you read all the small print. If you fail in any of the areas of security they demand (even the type of lock you use, or the security of your garage or shed, or where you leave it when you go into a cafe......) they will not pay up in the event of theft. Being insured is no guarantee of anything.

Norm

Is this the second or third insurance thread today?

Household cover, separately identified, premium about 2% of the cost of the bikes.

Top Bottom