Bike registration plates to be fitted by Jersey's bike shops?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by HJ, 14 Apr 2010.

1. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Another loopy idea from the channel islands, put you right off going there on holiday.

2. thomas

thomas the tank engine

Should force that politicial to have a numberplate stamped on his forehead for when he wants to walk to the shop...as well as having a tax disc tattooed on his arse. It'll need updating every year or 300 miles, where he'll have to have third party insurance and a health check to make sure he is road worthy.

3. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

From memory bicycle parts aren't designed in the same way as car parts, and thus consistent servicing would be needed on bicycles to make sure they are road safe.

4. psmiffy

psmiffy -

I think it is actually an idea/brainfart from one loopey channel islander so I would not cancel your holidays just yet

5. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

There were even more negative points than I had previously realised in setting up such a scheme... how anyone could think it worth pursuing is beyond me... that's it Jersey is off the list of places to visit.

6. Saddle bum

Saddle bum Über Member

April 1st has gone, ennit?

Right, what about the cyclist visitors to the Island, do they have to participate? Good for tourism, not!

If any tosser came towards my carbon fibre babe with a plate AND DRILL, he would find the screw driver stuffed where the sun don't shine.

Small island, the gene pool is rather shallow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice