Bike repair stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Hi All

looking to buy a stand to make the maintenace a bit easier and have found these on e-bay. Does anyone know if they are any good or would i be better off spending more and getting one of the more familiar brands?
Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2a096b5a69

These stand just hold the rear wheel off the ground by a couple of inches. Not very stable either. Okay for a light clean, but not really suitable for major repairs, servicing etc. Also, they're cheaper in my LBS - £16 IIRC

A good selection here

PpPete

Legendary Member
I have one of these, and found it works just fine. Gets a lot of use with all my family's stable of bikes.

When I bought it, I'd been looking to find a wall mounted one (like this) but they were not around at the time. Glad I got a free standing one now.

david1701

whats the ceiling made of? atm I have 2 hooks and use a strop to suspend the bike, basically lift, pull tight, tie off. Takes up no room and means I can get all round the bike to work on it

can swing a little however

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
I got this and it's spot on. It's £90 now though, unfortunately. I was lucky and got mine in the Jan sales for £47.99. You're better off with this type, though, as the type in your original post are not much better than leaning your bike against a wall. I made that mistake. Right waste of £20
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
O

Oldgit

Thanks for all the advice, having had a look at all the suggestions I've settled for the Revolution from Edinburgh, thanks Hydra. Might be a couple of weeks before I have the money though.
Hanging from the ceiling was a no go as I'm in an old victorian house with 12' high ceilings.

Thanks again everyone.

Harbornite

Might want to checkout Ribble LinkyLinky as they appear similar & £30 cheaper :thumbsup:

I have one from Ribble, quick free delivery..but no instructions, however being a bloke I doubt if I would've read them anyway :wacko:

david1701

Thanks for all the advice, having had a look at all the suggestions I've settled for the Revolution from Edinburgh, thanks Hydra. Might be a couple of weeks before I have the money though.
Hanging from the ceiling was a no go as I'm in an old victorian house with 12' high ceilings.

Thanks again everyone.

lovely, only really a good shout in sheds imo as they aren't very pretty to have about in the house, unless you modded up one of those hanging airers to keep it in fitting :biggrin:

Barbelier

I got this and it's spot on. It's £90 now though, unfortunately. I was lucky and got mine in the Jan sales for £47.99. You're better off with this type, though, as the type in your original post are not much better than leaning your bike against a wall. I made that mistake. Right waste of £20
rolleyes.gif

+1 I got one in the Jan sales as well and its a great bit of kit

Top Bottom