Bike Security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How's this for bike security - both extremes here !!!!

DSC00070.jpg

The Spesh Hard Rock is locked by a combi lock to a cable that's about twice as thick as my gear cable. That other great big thing is one half of my bike security - that's the 10lb chain, the d-lock is out of sight....

I'm surprised it was still there !!!!

Some weight in that lot!

(Love the paint job on the bike in the middle... Oversize tubing, perchance? :angry: )

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Called "Gas Pipe" - special aged process - called Rust !!!

We don't have any shiney sheffield stands - these have been here since the dawn of time I think ! - The building is 200 years old......

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Well, it's a University Campus, very public, but it's not city centre - we've got about 20 stands for a campus that can have 3000 students in it - normally only a few hundred at a time as they are out an placement. As a member of staff I get to be in early, out late, and I leave the big heavy lock on the stand all the time....

We are getting proper locked and covered shelters soon, that will save me carrying a bike cover every day....

fossyant said:
Well, it's a University Campus, very public, but it's not city centre - we've got about 20 stands for a campus that can have 3000 students in it - normally only a few hundred at a time as they are out an placement. As a member of staff I get to be in early, out late, and I leave the big heavy lock on the stand all the time....

We are getting proper locked and covered shelters soon, that will save me carrying a bike cover every day....

:angry:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Yup...

They have a green travel policy - charging staff to park - why not - £30 per month about (city centre manchester) and the funds will be going to those of us who cycle in. YES !!!!! -Part of the reason I moved jobs 7 months ago.... back into cycle commuting, me get's fit, and get good facilities (eventually) !!!

I've not used the car for traveling to work other than one visit to a site 40 miles away - that's in the last 7 months, then drove back home and cycled 8 miles in....

fossyant said:
Yup...

They have a green travel policy - charging staff to park - why not - £30 per month about (city centre manchester) and the funds will be going to those of us who cycle in. YES !!!!! -Part of the reason I moved jobs 7 months ago.... back into cycle commuting, me get's fit, and get good facilities (eventually) !!!

I've not used the car for traveling to work other than one visit to a site 40 miles away - that's in the last 7 months, then drove back home and cycled 8 miles in....

That's so enlightened. I wish it was so round here - and I live in a cycling demonstration city! I'm doing my bit city fathers - I haven't used my car for work for 5 years now!

Top Bottom