Bike Stolen - South Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjgraham86

Über Member
My mate's bike was stolen from my driveway whilst he worked to adjust the brakes on mine round the back off the house ;)

I did say to him to bring it round but he left it where it was and some scumbag marched up and took it.

It's a white Corratec Super Bow Cross and I doubt there will be another one of those in Glasgow.

Just on the off chance any of you guys are offered it....

Thanks

P

e-rider

crappy member
Sorry mate.

Yeah, from the 4 bikes I've 'lost' over the last 15 years, 2 have been from my house/garden. It seems that the house/garden is just as risky as the city centre or train station!

OP
OP
P

pjgraham86

Über Member
I agree mate. You just cannot take chances and say"It'll be alright" cos it won't, sadly.

Still, my mate should be picking up his new Specialized Sirrus Expert tomorrow as his company is in the Cyclescheme so his financial pain is a bit less...and he'll have a smile on his face when we tackle the Glasgow to Edinburgh route along the canal paths on Sunday morning - in decent weather too by all accounts.

Cheers

P

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Get yourself a dog. They will bark and alert you when an intruder is approaching, and if you get the right dog, you should be able to intimidate the would be **** away (although a dog that looks fierce but is actually a big softy is best for obvious reasons!).

Better than a door bell Dogs are!! (unless they are old and going deaf of course like Bruno. He has an even bigger problem with loosing his sight - he keeps walking into things these days, but then he is about 90 in dog years.
You know you have seen it all when you see a dog walk straight into a lamp post, bless his little furry paws!).

Joe54

Timely reminder to renew my insurance but sorry to hear about your loss. I too live in the south side and wish I could feel safe locking the bike up in the few areas on Kilmarnock road that permit this.

Top Bottom