BikeJournal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
FFFF posted this one in the Beginners forum, and I thought I'd bring it up here as well. He started a Cycle Chat club, so if you're on BikeJournal, why not join up?

I've been logging mileage there for some time now, and I like the site.

Plax

Guru
I have joined. I'm last at the moment. Somebody else please join that has done less milage than me so I don't feel as bad :biggrin:

21liu7l.gif

frog

Plax, you're not last. You're a member of a cycling club. There's no first, second or anything like that.

Your contribution is just as valuable as anyone elses! :biggrin:

Anyway, Welsh miles count double :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
frog said:
Plax, you're not last. You're a member of a cycling club. There's no first, second or anything like that.

Your contribution is just as valuable as anyone elses! :biggrin:

Anyway, Welsh miles count double :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I agree wholeheartedly. You should set your own goal rather than worry about what others are doing and of course your surroundings make a big difference. What I would consider to be a steep hill in flat Suffolk would be considered a speed hump in Wales.

Plax

Guru
Thanks guys - so long as I get to my goal of 1000 miles I'll be happy. Think I should do that comfortably if I keep things up, not far off 400 already.

frog

Works both ways mate! ;)

I feel rotten at the moment. I ache, the left side of my face feels like it's caving in, my ear hurts, as does my neck, I've had a stinking headache since Sunday. I'm down two nights sleep and I can hardly see the screen because my left eye is watering so much. So, I'm off the bike at the moment.

But as I sit here feeling sorry for myself what do I see? Plax is still out there pounding the road into submission in this vile weather clocking up the miles.

The little voice inside me saying 'Get off your arse yer big Jessie and and get some miles in like Plax is doing' is just getting louder and louder :biggrin:

That 1000 won't be long coming :biggrin:

4F

;) You pair of jessies

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
This is more because it's winter and I haven't had any work to go to. ;)

Think I'll take a little cruise out to Poll Hill to do a bit of aquarist shopping. Ah, the lovely country lanes!!!

4F

I am fortunate to have just under half of my commute on lovely country lanes :biggrin: however they are not so lovely when farmer giles has removed all of the hedgerows and its blowing a hoolie across open fields ;) This mornings head wind was a joy compared to the last few days

Plax

Guru
frog said:
Works both ways mate! ;)

I feel rotten at the moment. I ache, the left side of my face feels like it's caving in, my ear hurts, as does my neck, I've had a stinking headache since Sunday. I'm down two nights sleep and I can hardly see the screen because my left eye is watering so much. So, I'm off the bike at the moment.

But as I sit here feeling sorry for myself what do I see? Plax is still out there pounding the road into submission in this vile weather clocking up the miles.

The little voice inside me saying 'Get off your arse yer big Jessie and and get some miles in like Plax is doing' is just getting louder and louder :biggrin:

That 1000 won't be long coming :biggrin:

I hope you feel better soon - I'll be catching you up if your not careful :biggrin:

I cycled in today as it wasn't as windy as it has been. I get a guilt trip and withdrawal symptoms if I don't cycle in at least 3 times a week. It keeps me sane in this chaotic madness called an office.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well, just had a very pleasant 15 miles in the countryside, loads of lovely drivers leaving me room. The best one was seeing a lady wanting to pull out of a very concealed driveway, she was being careful and stopped and smiled as soon as she'd seen me, and I'd been doing the same since she couldn't see me in the first part of the manouvre. It's great when everybody takes care around each other like this! I even laughed at one oncoming black cabbie who unprovoked, leant out his window to shout c@nt at me.

Top Bottom