Bikeless - stolen!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingfox

Came out of my Kettlebell class tonight to find my bike had been stolen - I've put it under the 'Stolen Bikes' forum but not holding my breath.

Really really p'd off. I know it can be replaced and I am insured, but just bought new tyres, saddle and replaced disc brake pads....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway it is a Kona Dew Deluxe 2008 model, burnt gold metallic paintwork - details on other forum & will be checking the usual selling websites.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Absolute bastards
angry.gif

OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

Nightmare.

What was it locked with, so we all know what to avoid ?

Can't remember which brand lock it was, pretty robust though, but unfortunately not a D lock as it is really heavy to carry around and I have secure parking at work.

Have locked my bike to the railings where it was stolen from many times as it is an incredibly busy crossing and under CCTV.

Don't have another bike to use so looks like I'm off to the shops at the weekend!

gregsid

I'm lucky to never have had that experience. I would be very upset indeed. :sad:

Brains

Legendary Member
Can't remember which brand lock it was, pretty robust though, but unfortunately not a D lock as it is really heavy to carry around and I have secure parking at work.

I also have secure bike parking a work (and home), but I have two decent heavy locks. I keep one at home and the other at work for exactly those occasions when I'm off somewhere and the weight is worth the pain

Have locked my bike to the railings where it was stolen from many times as it is an incredibly busy crossing and under CCTV.

Don't have another bike to use so looks like I'm off to the shops at the weekend!

Can you get access to the CCTV footage?

OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

Thanks guys for all your comments - really missing my bike. so will be getting a new one in the next week or so, once the insurance claim is sorted.

Digital Cowboy - the police do, but whether they can be bothered to look at it is another matter.

Perplexed - Gredsid's link explains it all, cycling is my aerobic exercise, kettlebells are what I do for my anaerobic fitness, fantastic exercise session if you hate the gym.

Top Bottom