Bikes on Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry about my stupid looking comment earlier Membrane. It was supposed to be tongue in cheek and have one of these at the end :blush:.

LLB

yenrod said:
It was sheer sheer class that bit of TV last night !

What the talk of a motorbike for - there wasnt one on the race !

The look on clarksons face upon learning that Hammond had already turned up was out of this world !...

Though the fact that they made out the car won was even more eggoncardriversface time !

Still, gem - gem moment !

You could have pricked me with a nail and I still wouldnt of moved - I was soo high on that moment ! ! !

Because they were doing a commuter race across London (well clarksons boat was stretching it a bit), but a comparison of a journey with all the different modes used regularly by the Londoners is not really an honest one without their inclusion !

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
linfordlunchbox said:
Because they were doing a commuter race across London (well clarksons boat was stretching it a bit), but a comparison of a journey with all the different modes used regularly by the Londoners is not really an honest one without their inclusion !

Maybe none of the presenters are licenced?

Membrane

longers said:
Sorry about my stupid looking comment earlier Membrane. It was supposed to be tongue in cheek and have one of these at the end :blush:.

No worries, I didn't understand it at first, but understood you after having read a few of the other replies.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
A good chunk of hammonds route is what I commute every day. I did cringe when he jumped on the kerb and almost sideswiped another cyclist with a mumbled apology.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It was a good test between the different modes of transport. Hammond would of been well ahead if the distance hadn't been quite so long. Seeing as the Stig started off on the bus and was well down after a few mins, the District Line and DLR came up ahead of the car. Not bad really. I thought that the river Police might of pulled Clarkson up as he roared by at 45 mph, but I suppose that the BBC would of cleared it with the Police as although there is no limit from Wandsworth bridge, 50-70 mph on a busy waterway may seem a tad reckless to some:ohmy:

jashburnham

John Ponting said:
I don't suppose May cycles?

He owns a brompton: http://foldsoc.blogspot.com/2006/08/james-may-owns-brompton.html

Top Bottom