"Birds on bikes" ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't get what this thread is all about - I clicked the link, didn't see an birds on bikes?

bird-bike.jpg

I don't see what people are complaining about. All I see is a list of things they offer and that its for the shakespeare hospice?

robgul

Legendary Member
The term "birds" for women ... and the rather patronising text about "less of a challenge" for ladies .....

Rob

Bodhbh

Guru
The term "birds" for women ... and the rather patronising text about "less of a challenge" for ladies .....

Rob

tbh I think the second bit is the problem not the first - if the birds on bikes route was a real beast, for women, and it said so, I don't see it being patronising.

Bodhbh

Guru
What's the difficulty of a route got to do with the gender of the cyclists? :scratch:

Nothing. My point was I don't see a problem with the term 'birds' just the assumption the easy route was for women.

robgul

Legendary Member
tbh I think the second bit is the problem not the first - if the birds on bikes route was a real beast, for women, and it said so, I don't see it being patronising.

.... you need to have seen and read the original text etc that has now been expunged.

Rob

robgul

Legendary Member
Well I'm one of the ones that does have a problem with being called a "bird" :thumbsup:

Moot point though.

I thought the term "bird" went out when Hancock's Half Hour finished on the radio and television way back when ... although it did get a bit of a revival when Michael Caine made the film Alfie in the 1960s!

Rob

Top Bottom