Bit Stinky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
xx(
I like to think of myself as musky as opposed to stinky.
Actually I don't think I've anything to worry about, I tend to put the effort in on the way home to avoid too much sweating before work. Change of clothes, shower in a can and I'm good to go. I hope :unsure:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sweaty for sure :ohmy:

I work in the weld shop of a car factory though so by the end of the day i have a distinct aroma of welding by products anyway so a bit of clean sweat is not going to annoy anyone .

Orange

My first commute yesterday and a shower as soon as I arrived - problem was putting the stinky cycling gear back on to ride home at the end of the day. I had to get out of the work building quickly!

Dan_h

Pretty stinky I think, but I am lucky and work somewhere with decent shower and changing facilities so I am fresher then most people who have driven in or caught the train by the time I reach my desk :becool:

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I reek after a commuting ride but always have a change of clothes in my panniers for a working day. I don't think my polyester based cycling lycra clothes help but being a poor Decorator I can't afford the more expensive ones and wouldn't pay 60 quid for a top anyway.
I have a shower as soon as I get home.
Yes I reek but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Norm

I smell bad after just one leg of my commute if I wear a cotton t-shirt.

However, Tenn Outdoors do shirts made from recycled coffee grounds (no, really) and those can, amazingly, be worn for at least 5 days without washing and without building up a smell. And I only washed it after that long because I wanted to rather than needed to - it just started to feel wrong putting on the same shirt that I'd worn all week. These things are amazing, I've got a couple of Sprints (long and short sleeved) and an Octane - I prefer the Sprint as the phone pocket is larger. £16 for the short sleeved version, £17 for long sleeved.

There are other fibres which resist odour build-up, which I haven't tried although others have rated them on CC.

Norm

Do they do underpants too?

Nope, I use M&S for **ahem** support in that department.

There are bamboo drawers & socks available, though, which have similar properties to the coffee material and get good feedback on here although, again, I haven't tried them.

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
Hmm! I generally find that on arrival at work I smell absolutely awful.

But on some days it is even worse than that. A sort of major decontamination job is required:-).

Personally I think a person who has just finished physical exertion of any kind has a period of about 20 minutes grace until (s)he needs to get cleaned up and sorted out.

I have a decent shower at work and a complete change of clothes.

Quite literally dripping, with a need to put my top in the drying room before I can wear it to go home.

Lucky we have showers eh?

chugsy

Sweaty for sure :ohmy:

I work in the weld shop of a car factory though so by the end of the day i have a distinct aroma of welding by products anyway so a bit of clean sweat is not going to annoy anyone .
If you work where I think you do then everyone will have a sweat on by first break - I don't miss it one bit...

Nowadays I work in an office and sometimes don't bother changing - nobody has complained of my smell so far! AC 24/7 is great too!

Top Bottom