bizarre HGV occurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplepolly

Left home a bit earlier today when it was still darkish and the roads were quieter. Coming out of my estate I have to left onto a through road and then right almost immediately. This morning there was a car following me on the same route and on the through road a single oncoming hgv. So I turned left, waited for the hgv to pass, he slowed down, stopped and flashed his lights. I turned right and thanked him and he moved off again before the car behind could turn right.

Now I quite often get someone stopping for me when it isn't really necessary, usually on that very road on the way home, but I've never ever known someone stop and not let a waiting car turn. The first thought to go through my head was "he must be a cyclist". :biggrin:

thomas

the tank engine
:biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
purplepolly

purplepolly

fossyant said:
Might be someone on here. .

That did vaguely occur to me too. Anyone admitting it? 7am on bramhall moor lane heading towards the A6?

btw, I think I'll start looking for opportunities to do this when I'm driving, looks like it might be fun. Go on cyclist, you go first. No not you in the big four wheeled metal thing, motorists have to wait. Hah.

wafflycat

In my neck of the woods there's loads of HGVs about as there's a quarry up the road which is open six days out of seven, and then at harvest time all the beet lorries, plus various small rural industrial estates. Almost without fail the HGV drivers are *excellent* in terms of giving me loads of room, hanging back until it's safe to overtake, making sure they are well past before moving back in again. Whenever it's safe to do so I'll give a wave of thanks once they are past & can see me in the side mirror. This seems to be appreciated as I'll get an indicator acknowledgement. Some of the regulars will give me a cheery wave as they pass me in the opposite direction too. The HGV drivers are far more courteous & safe than the bus drivers...

Top Bottom