Bizarre Logic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugner

Fella on a bike this evening wearing a woolly hat and headphones. No this isn't a debate on whether he should be wearing a helmet or not!!

However, at the base of his seatpost was a small flashing light which was partially blocked by his panier rack. What was fully obscuring his rear light was his cycle helmet strapped to the pannier rack? :thumbsup:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Theres a couple at work who take their helmet off when their heads get cold and wear a woolley hat instead:laugh:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
What a fool.

If you strap your helmet on top of your head, it keeps the woolly hat on during quick descents! :smile:

CotterPin

I sometimes lead rides for relative newcomers to cycling. We catch the train out from central London to the countryside. I have been struck by the numbers who cycle to the station wearing their helmet but then stow it away when riding on the country lanes - do they think the roads outside London are made of marshmallows??

Leads to question - why dont they make helmets for winter use. As it is made of polystyrene or something it should keep your head warmer than a woolly hat!

Last winter I resorted to blocking up the vents with bits of sponge to stop my head freezing.

Stan

Over The Hill said:
......Last winter I resorted to blocking up the vents with bits of sponge to stop my head freezing.

You could try investing in a skull cap from about £8, keeps the wind out and fits under your helmet. :smile:

Downward

Guru
lsumwn42_jpg_t.jpg

Mr Pig

Had my Buff on this morning and boy was I glad of it. Wasn't too bad clambering around the fields but when we decided to do a loop on the back roads on the way home we quickly realized we had killer wind in our faces the whole way! :0( Pedalling hard to get down hills, leaves and small children blowing past you, that kind of thing, and the Buff up round your ears makes all the difference. I wish I'd bought one years ago and I'm going to buy a spare so that I never have to be without.

Top Bottom