Bizarre nutter this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bit of a wacko this morning, sat here in middle lane to go straight ahead, 3 cars in front of me waiting at the line, little green hatchback thing pulls up behind me and starts revving away and waving frantically to the left of the lane. I ask "what's your issue?" and the answer was just an (even louder) rev.

One by one, cars move onto the roundabout, I take my gap and he has to wait for the next gap (just how RABs work in fact)

Down the hill I reach 42mph (limit is 40) and am well ahead of Mr Confused Nutcase in his snotbucket, then when I near the bottom of the hill and slow for both traffic ahead and to turn left at the junction, this nutter has roared down the hill at well over the speed limit to sit behind me and rev his engine again.

Not quite sure WHAT all that was about, certainly there is no instance earlier where I encountered him and did anything to upset him but there is a decent garage nearby who will do an enghine swap when his over-revving throws a conrod

In his opinion I just I shouldn't have been on the road, I guess..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just another moton cock

BSRU

A Human Being
He probably feels empowered by sitting in his favourite chair in his skip-mobile, people always seem braver in their cars. Probably the highlight of his sad life.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Perfect moment to point out your camera. That almost always stops any further aggressive behaviour.

I think I might have to try one of the MD-80 clones. I tried the Oregon cam on the helmet and it didn't seem stable and TBH I looked a cock wearing it, hence mounting it on the bars (so no good for people behind)

That way I could perhaps have a rear facing one too or a helmet one

I think I might have to try one of the MD-80 clones. I tried the Oregon cam on the helmet and it didn't seem stable and TBH I looked a cock wearing it, hence mounting it on the bars (so no good for people behind)

That way I could perhaps have a rear facing one too or a helmet one

Cheapie will certainly suffice for a rear, or you could put one one your helmet and use the Oregon for rear view.

perplexed

Guru
The driver just sounds like a nob. Was he trying to impress his "seat cover" by any chance?

To anyone who doesn't know it, the Brook Hill roundabout in Sheffield can be a bit mental at the best of times. The photo on the google thingy must have been taken about 0430 on a Sunday morning in late June, because that's the least traffic I've every seen on it! :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I reckon it's just the sort of person who has ranted and raved for years about Penistone Road (joining that) being 30mph and now will get their dream wish of it being raised to 40mph so they'll be able to do this behaviour for another couple of miles.

One by one, cars move onto the roundabout, I take my gap and he has to wait for the next gap (just how RABs work in fact)

Down the hill I reach 42mph (limit is 40) and am well ahead of Mr Confused Nutcase in his snotbucket, then when I near the bottom of the hill and slow for both traffic ahead and to turn left at the junction, this nutter has roared down the hill at well over the speed limit to sit behind me and rev his engine again.

If you hadn't been on his patch of road, that would have been HIS gap, duh!

Top Bottom