Bl**dy hell, that was close!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LizardEye

Coming along the coast road in Sunderland tonight, which is a nice straight wide road. Trouble is it has those stupid islands which seem to serve no other purpose than scaring the crap out of cyclists.

So I hear someone behind me as I pass the island, look down and his wing is about six inches away. He clips the bars with his wing mirror, hard enough to knock the mirror off. I manage to stay on and am about to go tearing after him, when he pulls in, presumably wondering what that clunk was.

So I of course do the decent thing and lay into him for what seems like ten minutes, but is probably 15 seconds. He just shrugs and drives off.

I'd just fitted some extra front lights and this knob comes at me from behind.

Made damn sure he'll remember it though.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Hope you are Ok though,lets hope it cost the idiot a lot of money to replace.I had one clown clip me with his mirror and he thought he could get away with it until he got caught in gridlock,i folded it completely by belting it and saying in no un-certain terms he will be wearing it if he ever came that close to me again !

asterix

Comrade Member
Yes, those islands are bloody stupid.

I had a scrap with a van just after a set - he took exception to being held up and just after he passed me, slammed his brakes on and then did it again a couple of times. He was from Cardiff and I got the company name and called the boss when I got home. He sounded genuinely annoyed about the driver and said they'd be waiting to speak to him.

Coming along the coast road in Sunderland tonight, which is a nice straight wide road. Trouble is it has those stupid islands which seem to serve no other purpose than scaring the crap out of cyclists.

So I hear someone behind me as I pass the island, look down and his wing is about six inches away. He clips the bars with his wing mirror, hard enough to knock the mirror off. I manage to stay on and am about to go tearing after him, when he pulls in, presumably wondering what that clunk was.

So I of course do the decent thing and lay into him for what seems like ten minutes, but is probably 15 seconds. He just shrugs and drives off.

I'd just fitted some extra front lights and this knob comes at me from behind.

Made damn sure he'll remember it though.

I feel your anger mate. I was traveling along the same road last night at about 1650hrs. Had a couple of motorists who MUST beat the cyclist to a pinch point. One of them almost hit the pedestrian refuge, al to save a couple of seconds.

OP
OP
L

LizardEye

I feel your anger mate. I was traveling along the same road last night at about 1650hrs. Had a couple of motorists who MUST beat the cyclist to a pinch point. One of them almost hit the pedestrian refuge, al to save a couple of seconds.

I don't mind those so much as at least they know you're there.

This daft bugger was completetely oblivious to my existence - goodness knows
what he thought those two flashing lights were for.

Actually I do mind them - they're all tossers!

Are you still on a Giant?

Im up and down the coast on a regular basis, i'll watch out for you and give you a wave. I'll be on my winter ride, black and white focus:

002.jpg

OP
OP
L

LizardEye

Are you still on a Giant?

Im up and down the coast on a regular basis, i'll watch out for you and give you a wave. I'll be on my winter ride, black and white focus:

002.jpg

No, I've been on my blue Spesh Hardrock for the last few weeks - since the snow started really.

I will get out on the Giant soon though, if the weather dries up

Fran143

Über Member
Hope you are Ok though,lets hope it cost the idiot a lot of money to replace.I had one clown clip me with his mirror and he thought he could get away with it until he got caught in gridlock,i folded it completely by belting it and saying in no un-certain terms he will be wearing it if he ever came that close to me again !

Ooh Skud.....you scare me!:ohmy:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Ooh Skud.....you scare me!:ohmy:

He,He the mad glint in my eye proberly did it ! Normally i'm a calm squidgy type of peep but bad road behaviour either when i'm cycling or shock horror DRIVING gets my back up ! I had a forty quid Skoda once in puke beige with loads of dints and scuffs... perfect weapon for making idiots think twice before doing something silly.......brace for impact !!!!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
He,He the mad glint in my eye proberly did it ! Normally i'm a calm squidgy type of peep but bad road behaviour either when i'm cycling or shock horror DRIVING gets my back up ! I had a forty quid Skoda once in puke beige with loads of dints and scuffs... perfect weapon for making idiots think twice before doing something silly.......brace for impact !!!!

Mother had a Triumph Dolimite in sky blue when I was a lad. That had the same effect. Guy outside my old middle school had a scoda, but the nasty little brats there kept slashing his tyres. He ended up ditching the thing and sending a letter to the school in complaint. That was back in a time when scodas were considered a bad motor.

As for close ones... when the weather turns they seem to get a bit stupid. Had the first one of the year today, riding around a bend being careful as its a bit blind and some moron in a massive suzuki 4x4 came flying around from the other direction on the wrong side of the road and right at me. Way too fast for the conditions.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Mother had a Triumph Dolimite in sky blue when I was a lad. That had the same effect. Guy outside my old middle school had a scoda, but the nasty little brats there kept slashing his tyres. He ended up ditching the thing and sending a letter to the school in complaint. That was back in a time when scodas were considered a bad motor.

As for close ones... when the weather turns they seem to get a bit stupid. Had the first one of the year today, riding around a bend being careful as its a bit blind and some moron in a massive suzuki 4x4 came flying around from the other direction on the wrong side of the road and right at me. Way too fast for the conditions.

Skuds considered bad ??? Nah,never ! Had loads and loved everyone with no hassles......unlike this modern crap we own nowadays LOL

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah.........

TBH Mr Fagh might help me next time some idiot deliberately (and aggressively) tries their luck, just depends upon if the fella is with me ?

Top Bottom