Blast round Owd Betts Sun 22/7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Aye go on then

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Screenshot_20180717-124327_Strava.jpg

Failsworth- Middleton- Heywood- Bury- Edenfield- Rochdale- Return.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Dan, are you going to post a route up so we can see where you are going to get us lost...….

Sorry for the confusion Dan. I didn't know where Owd Bett's was but now I have looked it up I see you mean the route I put together - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28056589

About 34 miles in English.

If anyone brings their best bike and doesn't want to brave the cobbles of Holcombe Old Rd and the excursion up the unmade track to Peel Tower and back down then we can miss that bit out. I'm game for doing it on my new carbon steed though...….

8.30 at the Pole :okay:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Come on Nick, miss out that last drink and join us for what promises to be a great ride :okay:
It does look a great ride. But an 8.30 start means probably setting off at 8 at the latest and I know I'll be in no fit state at that time
Have a great ride, I'll do the next one

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I added in a bonus fast 5 miles on the end of my ride so i could hit the 50 mile mark and bump up my average speed to just over 17mph :dance:

Nice little loop and plenty of options to tweak it for variety each time. The cafe stop in Littleborough was a good call Dan, i don't seem to have enough sausage & egg butties in my diet normally so extra opportunities are always welcome......

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just looking at the stats from yesterday. 45-46mph dropping down towards Rochdale. I told you we were flying Dan :okay:
Whenever I am descending at over 40 mph, I notice that without having to be told! :laugh:

I'm having to train myself not to keep checking my speed on the descents. I hit a raised manhole cover once at 56 mph and only just survived to tell the tale ... (My bike took off, hit the road again, bounced back up, landed a second time, and then I swerved across the road directly towards an oncoming vehicle. Fortunately, the driver had good reactions and braked hard enough to give me space to swerve back out of his way! :eek:)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Whenever I am descending at over 40 mph, I notice that without having to be told! :laugh:
I tend not to look at the speedo at those speeds for the reasons you mention. Too easy for things to go wrong very quickly if you are not completely focused!

At the bottom I said we must have been approaching 50mph and Dan reckoned he just saw 40 on the clock. We were both right and split the difference, but at 46mph I reckon I was more right than him :okay:

Top Bottom