Bloody Bee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevrev

Veteran
Cycling home tonight, along one of the busiest roads on my route, and a bee thought it would be a good idea to get stuck in my twat hat and sting me on the head!!!
The pain was unreal! Never been stung on the head before.......When i got home my wife kindly plucked the stinger out for me.
That was two hours ago. But my head and the side of my face is still throbbing!
Bee careful out there fellow cyclists........It's not just cars out to get you!!!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Trev, I caught one in the mouth last summer. Managed to spit it out before it stung, but in the process gobbed on some poor swine's car.:blush:
My helmet has wire mesh to stop the lil b*st*rdos getting in.

L.E.D.

Happened to me last week but was stung in the neck
sad.gif

Neck stings are the only time i stop just to make sure everything is okay, what i couldn't fathom out was why it kept on hurting all the way home and sure enough, just the same as you the stinger was still in there pumping away it's evil concoction and also the same as you i had to mtfu and as the wife to take the stinger out lol

zacklaws

Guru
I got stung twice last year, once in my stomach and it hurt like hell, got me before I could brush it off, after that I always carry antihistamine cream during the months wasps and bee's are about. Shortly after one flew into my open shirt and before I could find it, it stung me in the shoulder, I applied the cream, not expecting it to do much, but I was suprised how quickly it got rid of all the pain.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have only been stung 2 or 3 times, once by a bee, once by a wasp/Hornet, and once potentially by something else.
They were were all entirely my own fault too I hasten to add.

The first time, a bee landed on me and I didn't realise until I moved and almost squashed it, so it stung me in self defence (and ironically, killed itself).

The second time I was in Austria on holiday, and a wasp type creature climbed up my t - shirt, so I tried carefully get it out without hurting it, and it obviously took fright. Stupid craeter.

I think we have all seen the downright spazified and inordinately over the top responses people have towards Insects in general, which is why I'm obviously more intelligent than the majority of the population (I have seen things like a man in his '50s, and with a suit on, taking a highly exagerrated, big stamp on a bee that wasn't even bothereing him and then revelling in it like he was about 3 and playing with his own poo!!
Aye, very good.... what's your IQ exactly??)

'AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! WHAT IS IT?? WHAT IS IT????
KILL IT!! KIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!'

No, pi*s off you stupid human!! - is it any
wonder we are all doomed??!!

Oh, and DO NOT get me started about idiots and spiders

NOTHING scares me!

And breath.

Doug - not impressed with 'seemingly intelligent' people.

Of course, it's different if you are allergic, but still, why the big inordinately exagerrated reactions??

- Baz -

Cycling home tonight, along one of the busiest roads on my route, and a bee thought it would be a good idea to get stuck in my twat hat and sting me on the head!!!...
Bloody hell Trev, what a great opening sentence - I've just spat coffee all over my laptop!!

Don't mean to sound insensitive - must've been horrendous. Hope you've fully recovered!

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
Hope you've fully recovered!

Not quite recovered.....Still very sore! Was on the verge of crying at one stage......But thats due to the fact i'm a soft southerner!!
Infact, this could bring on a debate of why it's not safe to wear a helmet !!! They're bloody insect catchers!!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not quite recovered.....Still very sore! Was on the verge of crying at one stage

Not as sore than if you had been hit a car though....

Anyway, crying??
I was 12 when I was stung by the bee and I never did, so pull yourself together man!!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I have only been stung 2 or 3 times, once by a bee, once by a wasp/Hornet, and once potentially by something else.
They were were all entirely my own fault too I hasten to add.

The first time, a bee landed on me and I didn't realise until I moved and almost squashed it, so it stung me in self defence (and ironically, killed itself).

The second time I was in Austria on holiday, and a wasp type creature climbed up my t - shirt, so I tried carefully get it out without hurting it, and it obviously took fright. Stupid craeter.

I think we have all seen the downright spazified and inordinately over the top responses people have towards Insects in general, which is why I'm obviously more intelligent than the majority of the population (I have seen things like a man in his '50s, and with a suit on, taking a highly exagerrated, big stamp on a bee that wasn't even bothereing him and then revelling in it like he was about 3 and playing with his own poo!!
Aye, very good.... what's your IQ exactly??)

'AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! WHAT IS IT?? WHAT IS IT????
KILL IT!! KIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!'

No, pi*s off you stupid human!! - is it any
wonder we are all doomed??!!

Oh, and DO NOT get me started about idiots and spiders

NOTHING scares me!

And breath.

Doug - not impressed with 'seemingly intelligent' people.

Of course, it's different if you are allergic, but still, why the big inordinately exagerrated reactions??

Never been stung by anything. Been bitten by little flies and thats about it.

You've reminded me of something I witnessed one year at a bus stop. Neighbours son in law was a nasty peice of work, used to knock his missus around a fair bit and seemed to think he was a bit hard because of it. So this one day he goes to get the same bus as me, I never spoke to the guy, he was scum, but on that day a wasp appears and the guy goes loopy. He nearly took off the way he windmilled at the damn thing, screaming like a girl.

Top Bottom