BMW or a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok I want a new bike. I have no spare cash but I could raid some savings for my son but that would make me feel bad. I have an L reg BMW 318i sitting out on th edrive in good nick with only 90,000 genuine miles on the clock, taxed and mot'd until March 08 . It gets used at the most once a week and even then it is only for a short run. I reckon I could get £2000 ish maybe.

So....

...I tentatively positioned my cunning plan to sell the thing with the Mrs last night and buy a bike...erm...or two...with the cash...even though i know how she values having two cars....but...I took my life in my hands and asked the question....

...guess what...I got a reluctant YES!

...so....what do i do...keep it (it's a good car and we couldnt afford to replace it) or sell it and get a new Bianchi?

..or raid the savings get the bike THEN sell the car?

ChrisKH

Guru
But did she mean Yes? Or did she mean No, not really? Tough call. I had the same conversation with my Missus two weeks ago and it was only for a £700 bike. She now denies giving approval in the real sense of the word. Even though she said Yes. Said I put her under pressure (!) which wasn't fair.

Women. You can't live with 'em and you can't live with 'em.

Big Bren

Flog the car, buy the bike and use the change to take Mrs BFTB on a romantic weekend city break - Paris is a wonderful choice.

Bren

ajevans

ChrisKH said:
Said I put her under pressure (!) which wasn't fair.

That's a good one.

I was once accused of emotional blackmail for asking for something that I wanted. She said she knew I'd be dissappointed if she said no, which would upset her. Therefore emotional blackmail. I'm a monster!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tell her you want to sell the house and live in the car, so you can buy a superb bike. Inderstandably she'll flip! Anything less than that (e.g. selling the car) will be a blessed relief after the initial shock. POssibly. But if she said yes, then go for it!:blush:

ChrisKH

Guru
Flowers and a foot massage would also go down well.

On second thoughts, you don't want to over-egg it. She'll probably think you're having an affair(which you are but with a Bianchi tart).

walker

get rid, What possesed you to buy a BMW in the first place man? no one owns a BMW and rides a bike, all good cyclist's now that you have to pay extra for indicators on these cars

Top Bottom