Board Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

I like playing really simple board games with the boys after tea before the bedtime routine starts. We love coppit (any one remember it?). We've got lots of more complicated games but at that time of day it's simplicity we need no fiddly bits to set up, anyone recommend anything. (Age 12,10 and me!)

colly

Re member eR
Coppit ? Never heard of that. I kind of like ludo.

OP
OP
W

Willow

Toshiba Boy said:
Willow

We blew the dust of Watchamacallit last night, first time we've played it for years and years.:headshake:

Like coppit that was one of my ex's childhood games, must borrow it (thanks for reminding me) such a fab game for all ages does anyone still make it?

I've searched on ebay and a totally different game with same name game up. the one we have is where you pick a subject, spin the wheel for a letter, then chuck your ball in the container when you've thought of something beginning with that letter. Ebay ones look more like scrabble

May have fiddly bits but Cluedo is great. My girls 10 and 13 like it.

Card games - 301 and 7s go down well.
Also they have lots of new versions of Top trumps in the subject they will be interested in.

My Cluedo game is a first edition from about 1948 and we still play it. The men are wooden, and the lead piping is real lead! The dagger and revolver went missing when I was a kid but I had the bits in my action man stuff.
- It is worth about as much as a new game so not worth selling.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
There is a game ..I only know it a Malifitz (german)....I think the Brit equivalent is something like Home you go or something...simple & easy to remember, good fun, and kids love it as it allows them to get heir revenge for all the wrongs done in the name of good parenting:smile:

Mr Pig

longers said:
Yahtze. If that's how it's spelt.

Great game, haven't played that in ages. My favorite is chess but no one will play me.

My kids like Guess Who and Connect Four.

Not a board game but UNO is good for developing those all important family relationships. Stitching each other up, revenge, deceit, temporary alliances and betrayal all come into play to form those close bonds.

waddingtons formula 1

its quite simple once you've got used to it although it might have to be an e-bay purchase like my copy was. - used to love playing that with dad.

settlers of catan does take a little bit of setting up and getting used to at first, but after a couple of games its quite simple - although that could be because i'm used to complex games.

fluxx is good as a card game, once you get your head round the lack of rules.

Pushing tin said:
waddingtons formula 1

its quite simple once you've got used to it although it might have to be an e-bay purchase like my copy was. - used to love playing that with dad.

settlers of catan does take a little bit of setting up and getting used to at first, but after a couple of games its quite simple - although that could be because i'm used to complex games.

fluxx is good as a card game, once you get your head round the lack of rules.

Would agree with Formula 1 I used to enjoy playing that with my father and ArDee Jnr. enjoyed playing formula 1 as well, so appealled across a least 2 generations.

Still have my copy somewhere, need to get it out and have a game.

Top Bottom