Boardman Hybrid Pro vs Hybrid Pro LTD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Not too much difference, one has 20 other 18 gears diff rear mech but probably paying more for the 'limited'.

Harbornite

Blazed

I had the same dilemma :smile:

Is the kit you get & weight saving worth £200 extra?

After speaking to a number of far more experienced cyclists I purchased a the Pro; simply couldn't justify the extra £200 for the Ltd.

The Pro is a cracking bike & I guarantee you will not be disappointed :biggrin:

Usual Halford's warning of shoddy set up & poor customer service applies :whistle:

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
Harbornite said:
Blazed

I had the same dilemma :smile:

Is the kit you get & weight saving worth £200 extra?

After speaking to a number of far more experienced cyclists I purchased a the Pro; simply couldn't justify the extra £200 for the Ltd.

The Pro is a cracking bike & I guarantee you will not be disappointed :biggrin:

Usual Halford's warning of shoddy set up & poor customer service applies :whistle:

Are the 18 gears sufficient?

simon_brooke

blazed said:

The Pro has SRAM X7/X9 transmission components - essentially mountain bike components, but good ones - whereas the LTD has SRAM Rival - which are good road components. Both have the same good hydraulic disk brakes - not something I'd particularly want on a road bike, but low maintenance and exceedingly effective. The frame appears to be the same, and so do the forks. The Ltd has a few more carbon components, and is claimed to be 300 grammes lighter. That's the equivalent of a full can of coke.

No, I don't think there's much in it - the X9 is an exceedingly nice transmission, and though the Rival is probably a touch lighter it isn't going to shift any better.

In this case I don't think there's £200 worth of difference.

Garz

Squat Member
The pro @ £200 cheaper would be my preference too (this would get you good shoes/clips, pedals, helmet and lights).

Top Bottom